Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitted Wardrobe Cost

• 30-08-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

My wife got a quote for 3 fitted wardrobes with the following dimensions;
    243cm high x 240cm wide x 55cm deep
    243cm x 113cm wide x 55cm deep
    243cm x137cm wide x 35cm deep

The quote was €2,950 which included two bed side lockers and a chest of drawers. No mirrors were included but the interior will be fitted out to her individual spec (eg. 2 horizontal rails etc). The wardrobes appear to be of a high spec but the quote seems very high to me. Any insight on the quote would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Rule of thumb,

Quote 3 and compare prices, you'll know then.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

How high is the spec?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

It is a lot, but it really depends on the materials, the finish and the quality of install. You can price what the same sort of thing would cost (materials only) on the Ikea website as a guide (although strictly speaking, Ikea's range is not a 'built-in' wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 willmc83

kadman wrote: »
    How high is the spec?
    Woodgrain effect, soft closing hinges, rails / drawers etc to customer specifications

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

willmc83 wrote: »
    Woodgrain effect, soft closing hinges, rails / drawers etc to customer specifications

Sounds like standard spec to me.

Whats the carcase material, and what is the drawer construction spec.

Nothing high spec so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,648 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I was just pricing some in ikea today
    300*240*58
    Internal rails, drawers and lights, doors coming in at around 1,000.

Pretty much the same price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

This is going back a few years but I bought my fitted wardrobes for under €1000. Wouldnt say they're anything special but they're not the bargain bucket option either.

Had them fitted by a workman who was doing other bits in the house at the time so didnt have installation costs broken down.

Your quote sounds expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Are the doors vinyl wrapped Willie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Some_randomer

I recently got prices from 4 or 5 different guys that fit wardrobes. The going rate seems to be roughly 500 euro for a standard size 2 door wardrobe, so roughly about 250 euro per door i.e if your space would take a 3 door wardrobe then 750 euro, a 4 door wardrobe 1000, etc.

This was for standard white doors, shiny colour doors were 100 euro extra per door.

Thanks a mill for all the feedback and advice. Went with the quote above in the end (didn't have much choice as the wife usually gets her way on these things :)) but very happy with the quality of the work. I had a look at Ikea and some other stores and I'm happy the extra cost was justified. All comes down to the quality of the tradesman I suppose but happy on this occasion. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Apologies, for hijacking your thread, Just wondered if you could OM the name of the company if you would recommend them. Currently looking to have a wardrobe fitted.

Hi, no problem at all. Yeah - I'd definitely recommend him. Aiden Farrelly Kitchens; they do kitchens as well as wardrobes. 086 605 0113. They're on facebook too

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Just in case anybody has a similar query in the future, went with Willmc83's recommendation.
    Couldn't have been happier with the work carried out.

Advertisement