Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling what you can do.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Originally posted by Typedef
    Here is a link to some of the recycling centers around the capital
    http://www.wildireland.ie/recycle/County/Dublin.htm

How utterly pathetic. And why, pray, can we not have kerbside sorted recycling as they do in most medium-sized cities in Europe and North America? Why are they able to do it and we not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Thanks! The general recyling one is pretty handy.

<< Fio >>

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Yoda
    And why, pray, can we not have kerbside sorted recycling as they do in most medium-sized cities in Europe and North America? Why are they able to do it and we not?

Well, Dublin Corporation (Dublin City Council as it is now) has implemented the green wheely bin system (for the most part).
    Now I know it's not a panacea but it is a major move in the right direction (however late it may be).

And, when we get the brown wheely bin we should have made a significant dent in what is going into landfill (from the capital anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Samson said:
    Well, Dublin Corporation (Dublin City Council as it is now) has implemented the green wheely bin system (for the most part).
    Now I know it's not a panacea but it is a major move in the right direction (however late it may be).

And, when we get the brown wheely bin we should have made a significant dent in what is going into landfill (from the capital anyway).

I don't see any such bins anywhere near where I live in Camden Street. I've not heard anything from the City Council either. Should I have received somethign in the mail? Or does my area not count? And what is the green bin vs. the brown bin for?

Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I was under the impression that there are only some kinda of paper you can recycle in Ireland (only newspaper and not plain paper? or the other way round?) Am i completely misinformed or what do people know about this?

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
Advertisement