Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance Wordpress Shop?

Options
  • 21-05-2020 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a hairdressing website using html5 but the theme comes with Wordpress version also. Im not familair with wordpress but I am looking to engage a coder to do a ecommerce version of this for me.

Can both a html5 and wordpress version sit on the same domain?

I see a lot of freelance coder there sites out there on hourly rate sites. Anyone have any positive experiecne with this route?

What should I be paying for a Wordpress shop?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

There is a work thread on the design forum. Put some more details of what you want there. There are many of us here on boards that would be willing to give you a quotation and create a site for you, me included.
    You can put several sites on one domain if you wished but navigation for visitors might be confusing.
    You can keep an existing html site live while your WordPress site is being developed and then swap over.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaveJoyce

Hey

If you hosting allows WordPress to be install, then you could hack it together yourself, but if going with a web developer, there main things to think about would be

• Back up your current HTML site
    • You would be installing WordPress + Woocommece (WooCommerce is the eCommerce plugin for WordPress)
    • I wouldn't go with a freelancer that quotes hourly (I always quote per project). As this is your business there will be future work on the site, SEO, security patches. You should be looking for someone you can have a good partnership with
    • Also check into grants that could be available for this

I have seen lots of varying on the quotes and I have varied a lot myself. But you could be looking at putting in at least €1,000 for the project.

When getting quotes make sure to check that they aren't charging for hosting (this is if your current hosting does allow WordPress) and they aren't charging you for a theme, as you already have this

Regards
    Dave

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a hairdressing website using html5 but the theme comes with Wordpress version also. Im not familair with wordpress but I am looking to engage a coder to do a ecommerce version of this for me.

Can both a html5 and wordpress version sit on the same domain?

I see a lot of freelance coder there sites out there on hourly rate sites. Anyone have any positive experiecne with this route?

What should I be paying for a Wordpress shop?

Thanks!

Dave

Turbo Inventory ERP

Helping you sell more, more often

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

The website is live now under html5. Ideally if I can create a shop infrastructure using the wordpress version of the site and then have them sitting side by side. I can haave a link to shop and then link to the wordpress version. The wordpress version can have the exiting html toplinks that will always link back to the html5 version...

I will post my needs on design forum - thanks again.

Advertisement