Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need people to check my website ASAP before TV appearance!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

tacofries wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the comments and I will be sending an email looking for reviews in a week or two Sleeper!

In fairness to Gloomtastic I would have avoided this if it was more obvious before people paid so thanks for pointing it out. Realistically Gloomtastic you will have your order by the end of next week or early the following week so we are nearly there and there is a small treat in the box to help make up for the wait which I do apologise for :)

Sean

Does he get the model thrown is a well?

Is there one for us all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Taco,
    Are you thinking about or working on the next product?
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I think there could be some value in the glue as a standalone product. I think you mentioned that you developed that yourself. If it is very strong but also easily removed it could be used for a whole host of other purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Site works great and good idea of a product often wanted one but be never seen one will be a buyer ASAP good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think there could be some value in the glue as a standalone product. I think you mentioned that you developed that yourself. If it is very strong but also easily removed it could be used for a whole host of other purposes

It wou be nice to be able to buy the glue in case you move the product or want to retile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Have a few more products lined up but The ShowerGem is the big focus for the next while. The glue does form a basis for some of these products.

You can actually buy the glue separate in the FAQ section of the website Sleeper :)

Good to hear JB and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Stumbled upon this thread randomly a few weeks ago. Just placed an order and will likely be back for another set if happy. Best of luck - always happy to support Irish businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

tacofries wrote: »
    Have a few more products lined up but The ShowerGem is the big focus for the next while...............
    Good, but one product does not a business make, except in exceptional circumstances. Develop/perfect the new ones; typically sales of your product will dwindle quickly so you need something ready to go - how compliant are you with GDPR for targetting past buyers? (Always cheaper/easier to sell to an existing customer than to a new one!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Hi Op,

Someone recommended the product on another thread (where someone was embarking on drilling tiles to mount a traditional steel unit) and I had a look.

Impressed with its clean lines and food ergonomics.

My question queried whether there'd be a risk of mould growth behind it - that area remaining wetter for longer presumably

Any feedback on that score from the field?

(I figured you could include large vent holes in the backplate, but of course that would involve retooling, which I understand wouldn't be desirable.)

Best of luck with it in any case

Op I heard you on Newstalk on Saturday. I'm curious if you noticed any significant spike that day or over the following few days? My own guess is that any increase would have been tiny.

I noticed a Facebook advert for the Shower Gem and I'm living in Dublin. Just in case you wondered does anyone see these things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Hi Op,

Someone recommended the product on another thread (where someone was embarking on drilling tiles to mount a traditional steel unit) and I had a look.

My question queried whether there'd be a risk of mould growth behind it - that area remaining wetter for longer presumably

(I figured you could include large vent holes in the backplate, but of course that would involve retooling, which I understand wouldn't be desirable.)

It mounts on a bracket glued to the tiles.

It's easy to dismount it to clean.

No issues with mold whatsoever and there are slots on the unit so no water is retained. As Jeff pointed out, it can also be clipped on/off you wall!

Any link to the other thread out of interest!? Sleeper, there was a pretty big increase in site visitors after the show!

Here is the Newstalk interview: https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/down-to-business/the-shower-gem
    Hi Op,

tacofries wrote:
    Any link to the other thread out of interest!? Sleeper, there was a pretty big increase in site visitors after the show!

That's good to know. I honestly didn't think radio would do much for sales. It's a difficult product to describe and do it justice over the radio

other thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057964497

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod: Folks any further questions relating to the product please direct them over pm or via the website or FB page for the product, this is not a sales thread or official "talk to" thread on boards so please direct them through those methods.

Thanks - Axwell

Hi Everyone,

I received great advice here last time and I have now changed my website again as we have better statistics on who is buying and on what devices.

Would you be able to take another look at my website to see what you think? It would be great if you could screenshot anything that doesn't look to good https://showergem.com

To keep this on topic as per Axwell's post above, if you have any questions on the product itself please direct them to me through the website contact form.

Thanks and hopefully I get advice which is as good as last time!
    Taco

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Verified spelt wrong on the product page.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Feets

Looks like a professional website and simple to use. Maybe have a fresh eye look over spelling etc. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

In the UK at the moment and when I use that link it temporarily shows the price in euros then almost refreshes immediately to show it in pounds. Not that big a deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I came upon this thread by accident and have spent last while checking out website looks good, easy to move through links. Good luck with product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

You have a price wrong on all pages, should be €20 not €50 ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Nevermindnow

On the UK dragons den right now? Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭captivo

100k, fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well done on the investment

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Excellent stuff well done three dragons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I think you should have been more retail friendly with your dragons den offer.

I'd have gone €39.99/2, €69.99/4 and €99.99 for pack 6.

Once something goes over a key price point, a certain number of customers pass over it.

The €100 price point is a major barrier and I reckon if the six pack was under €100, sales would be higher for this option.

Thanks Everyone, exciting times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How bad was the due diligence? Seems a lot of the deals fall pretty early then. Fair play to you for standing your ground on the glue!

Mods, can I reply here if the question is about the Den experience and not the business?

Jimmii, they initially asked for about 100 pieces of due diligence. I said no chance am I doing it and then they reduced it to 10 things.

The Dragons were really easy about the DD, it was their staff that were pushing for it but once I told the Dragons and showed them what I was being asked for they agreed it was ridiculous.

The Dragons themselves were so down to Earth and the show was highly edited as the actual pitch lasted two hours. Deborah was actually very very close to investing and I got on really well with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Missed the dragons. Who do you have with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Very rarely seen the mean bitch Debra put her hand in her pocket for anyone. I reckon she’s just on the show for the tea and biscuits! :rolleyes:

Advertisement