Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Legion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bobatron

yup...and worse. All the scumbags from DB went to AD...which sucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'm not sure exactly what happened but I heard there was at one stage allot of bad blood between AD and defias rp communities. One split from the other ect.

I do miss the rp folks I always had allot of respect for them as they added to the overall environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dremo

Rip game, fail demon hunters blizz, watched countless streams, so far it looks nothing but WoD 2..0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

dremo wrote: »
    Rip game, fail demon hunters blizz, watched countless streams, so far it looks nothing but WoD 2..0

B-e-t-a.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    B-e-t-a.

Most streamers would have you believe most items are already implemented into the game and we won't see much change before launch other than number tweaking

I would expect a more detailed answer on why its WOD 2.0 but this is a beta doesn't hold water either .

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Not sure how the Alliance side ended up faring, but here's the story of the Horde side of DB's downfall.

Biggest guild Horde-side was Orcs of the Red Blade. Leader was Rargnasha. Rargnasha did not like people who disagreed with him or his plots, often killing off or exiling characters who did this. This caused a lot of OOC (Out-of-Character) resentment towards him.

Our story begins, if I recall right, a few months before I joined the guild, after a massive year long Siege of Orgrimmar plot. The former leader Kozgugore had given leadership to Rargnasha, and left RPing after leading the guild for years. Rargnasha led for a few months, but he was already gathering some anger as he generally wouldn't listen to fellow officers and had been seen as a suck up. Now we introduce the character of Vashnarz. This person would become very important. The character was mate's with a commander in the tribe, and influenced him into challenging Rargnasha for his position. The guild's rules were ICly someone could only challenge the chieftain for power if they were an elder-rank and had half the tribe's backing, and this commander did. He loses the duel, and gets exiled. Many others leave with him, along with Vashnarz who is exiled under pain of death, as she was the one who instigated it and her position as Varog'Gor (chieftain's bodyguard) forbade such a thing.

Kosh'harg comes, Vashnarz shows up. Rargnasha godemotes and stabs her in the back, killing her. Then declares it's not time for Kosh'harg yet so his actions were justified. This is where it starts going downhill. It's November 2013. During the Kosh'harg, tensions are high between the Red Blades and a mercenary group called the Blood Wolves. Pretty sure there was a large OOC rift between Grim, the Bloodwolves' leader, and Rargnasha.

During a campaign in 2014, a large mercenary group, the Flying Bolts, decide to pull out. They did so over what they said was a dispute in which Rargnasha went back on offering them a contract and gave it to a group they disliked. OOCly there was a lot of anger between the leader of the Flying Bolts, Moneyfix, and Rargnasha. Moneyfix was one of the worst godemoters and power-players I've ever come across, and of course this led to him butting heads with Rargnasha. And of course, who was the played the character of Moneyfix's wife? The same player who played Vashnarz. This led to tensions brewing over the Summer which began to divide the RP scene into "sides". During the planned pre-event for Warlords, Moneyfix suddenly declares that he doesn't want the Blood Elves involved. However, Rargnasha has brought a load of tiny, even 3 people guilds along so he has more votes than Moneyfix on the matter. This actually divides the RP scene into two fronts now. It was not a fun time to be playing on Defias. As someone who was in OotRB, every day it was pretty much Rargnasha gloating on how well "our" side was doing since we had the power of all the Blood Elves. At this point, it was clear that the server was imploding. Some guilds began leaving to AD, and OotRB was soon to follow. There was a small sendoff ceremony of goodbyes, and we left for AD.

Not before some Flying Bolts came rolling down for no reason, slapped an elder character, then ran off. Then a transcript of a chat got released that showed a lot of guilds who had been friendly towards the Red Blades talking about the guild behind their back. So anyway, Warlords, and all the guilds have made it to Draenor. Flying Bolts implodes on itself with a power struggle, which creates a new, smaller guild. Orcs of the Red Blade get rid of Rargnasha after the officers oust him and replace him with Kozgugore again. Most remaining guilds then transfer to Argent Dawn.

And that's the story. Campaigns were completely ruined over petty squabbling between Rargnasha and Moneyfix mainly. 2014 was not a good year for RP on Defias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

WoD was fine until the endgame. Legion looking like WoD2 at this point wouldnt be a bad thing.

The_Mac wrote: »
    Not sure how the Alliance side ended up faring, but here's the story of the Horde side of DB's downfall.

Biggest guild Horde-side was Orcs of the Red Blade. Leader was Rargnasha. Rargnasha did not like people who disagreed with him or his plots, often killing off or exiling characters who did this. This caused a lot of OOC (Out-of-Character) resentment towards him.

Our story begins, if I recall right, a few months before I joined the guild, after a massive year long Siege of Orgrimmar plot. The former leader Kozgugore had given leadership to Rargnasha, and left RPing after leading the guild for years. Rargnasha led for a few months, but he was already gathering some anger as he generally wouldn't listen to fellow officers and had been seen as a suck up. Now we introduce the character of Vashnarz. This person would become very important. The character was mate's with a commander in the tribe, and influenced him into challenging Rargnasha for his position. The guild's rules were ICly someone could only challenge the chieftain for power if they were an elder-rank and had half the tribe's backing, and this commander did. He loses the duel, and gets exiled. Many others leave with him, along with Vashnarz who is exiled under pain of death, as she was the one who instigated it and her position as Varog'Gor (chieftain's bodyguard) forbade such a thing.

Kosh'harg comes, Vashnarz shows up. Rargnasha godemotes and stabs her in the back, killing her. Then declares it's not time for Kosh'harg yet so his actions were justified. This is where it starts going downhill. It's November 2013. During the Kosh'harg, tensions are high between the Red Blades and a mercenary group called the Blood Wolves. Pretty sure there was a large OOC rift between Grim, the Bloodwolves' leader, and Rargnasha.

During a campaign in 2014, a large mercenary group, the Flying Bolts, decide to pull out. They did so over what they said was a dispute in which Rargnasha went back on offering them a contract and gave it to a group they disliked. OOCly there was a lot of anger between the leader of the Flying Bolts, Moneyfix, and Rargnasha. Moneyfix was one of the worst godemoters and power-players I've ever come across, and of course this led to him butting heads with Rargnasha. And of course, who was the played the character of Moneyfix's wife? The same player who played Vashnarz. This led to tensions brewing over the Summer which began to divide the RP scene into "sides". During the planned pre-event for Warlords, Moneyfix suddenly declares that he doesn't want the Blood Elves involved. However, Rargnasha has brought a load of tiny, even 3 people guilds along so he has more votes than Moneyfix on the matter. This actually divides the RP scene into two fronts now. It was not a fun time to be playing on Defias. As someone who was in OotRB, every day it was pretty much Rargnasha gloating on how well "our" side was doing since we had the power of all the Blood Elves. At this point, it was clear that the server was imploding. Some guilds began leaving to AD, and OotRB was soon to follow. There was a small sendoff ceremony of goodbyes, and we left for AD.

Not before some Flying Bolts came rolling down for no reason, slapped an elder character, then ran off. Then a transcript of a chat got released that showed a lot of guilds who had been friendly towards the Red Blades talking about the guild behind their back. So anyway, Warlords, and all the guilds have made it to Draenor. Flying Bolts implodes on itself with a power struggle, which creates a new, smaller guild. Orcs of the Red Blade get rid of Rargnasha after the officers oust him and replace him with Kozgugore again. Most remaining guilds then transfer to Argent Dawn.

And that's the story. Campaigns were completely ruined over petty squabbling between Rargnasha and Moneyfix mainly. 2014 was not a good year for RP on Defias.

I am part of one of the wpvp scene and one of my mates joined orcs of the redblade only to be treated like crap by said leader.

I would say we went as far as making sure any RP for a time had to be done in cities. It wasn't just the RP folk he pissed off but annoying the folk who spend most of there time knocking the ****e our of each other doesnt end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

WoD was fine until the endgame. Legion looking like WoD2 at this point wouldnt be a bad thing.

I didnt make it to the endgame in this expansion but the garrison totally put me off. I don't want to play a single-player MMO, thanks.

I liked WoD end-game to a degree. I thought Highmaul, BRF and Hellfire were great raids, especially BRF and HFC.

It was the poxy garrison that did me in. I just couldn't hold a sub to sit in that ****ty snowy outpost any longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Problem with WoD is again the downtime of the last Tier of raiding. I only really focus on endgame raiding, but the pace between Highmaul -> BRF -> HFC was nice. But we are now like voer a year in HFC, is old, its dull, its boring. I keep alt hopping, just nothing to do. Levelling horde characters at the moment for some weird reason.

Mythic Dungeons were ok and brought some freshness, but even that was a bit late considering. But a nice feature for the next expansion.

For all the talk of getting content out faster after MOP, they have made the same mistake leaving the playerbase sit in a stale raid for over a year.

Content needs to come a lot faster.

Feedback I've read from Legion so far has been overwhelmingly positive. I won't actually at this stage get any beta access most likely, so will be going in fresh. But my classes look to be ok with nothing major about them, so thats good for a start. Raid testing so far, indication seems to be they are fun and good.

Is there a pre-Legion event planned at all?

I long for a WOTLK Invasion again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Is there a pre-Legion event planned at all?

I long for a WOTLK Invasion again!

They said there will be a pre event just like wrath http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/09/legion-pre-launch-event-to-be-similar-to-the-scourge-invasion-most-ambitious-ever/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

WOD has been going on too long and the player base has gotten bored.

I myself have gotten a more into it again lately with my Disc priest, theres less pressure in raiding than there is as a tank :)

Problem with WOD was many and varied, most if not all of development for endgame was designed for raiders and the majority of the casuals have been sitting and spinning for the past year or so.

Raiders have only started to notice it now that they have HFC on farm.

The big concern is that ability pruning and homogeneousisation of classes, this got somewhat worse in legion as sure classes have a bit more identity but less abilities. It's so bad preacher who is normally a big blizz fanboi is concerned it will take legion down.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Problem with WOD was many and varied, most if not all of development for endgame was designed for raiders and the majority of the casuals have been sitting and spinning for the past year or so.

Raiders have only started to notice it now that they have HFC on farm.

The big concern is that ability pruning and homogeneousisation of classes, this got somewhat worse in legion as sure classes have a bit more identity but less abilities. It's so bad preacher who is normally a big blizz fanboi is concerned it will take legion down.

The pruning seems to be a big bugbear for a lot of them, i understand Blizz are taking "the undesirable" skills that people barely use, but where will it end? When we have 4 buttons like DOTA?

The likes of Asmongold and Bellular have been pretty vocal about it, and i cant blame them.

Vicxas wrote: »
    The pruning seems to be a big bugbear for a lot of them, i understand Blizz are taking "the undesirable" skills that people barely use, but where will it end? When we have 4 buttons like DOTA?

The likes of Asmongold and Bellular have been pretty vocal about it, and i cant blame them.
    They are cutting core abilities and removing a hell of allot of choice. They may have not been used much in pve but removing them removes the diversity in pvp.

I would have preferred diversity of class through adding more unique abilities than what they did. If you look at preachers video on BM hunter you can see prime example of what he is saying.

They are cutting core abilities and removing a hell of allot of choice. They may have not been used much in pve but removing them removes the diversity in pvp.

I would have preferred diversity of class through adding more unique abilities than what they did. If you look at preachers video on BM hunter you can see prime example of what he is saying.

Doesnt PVP get new skills though?

I'm not a PVP'r at all so i know very little about that side.

They seem to have split the classes into PvE and PvP and cut a few spells/made baseline spells in to talents.

Long gone are the days of spell ranks :pac:

• Advertisement

Doesnt PVP get new skills though?

I'm not a PVP'r at all so i know very little about that side.

A few talents i believe and weapon skins not enough to make up for what was pruned.

New ability system is like base spec + talents + artifact + pvp skills = a class.

They seem to have split the classes into PvE and PvP and cut a few spells/made baseline spells in to talents.

Long gone are the days of spell ranks :pac:

You would think so but allot of the artifact skills are spell ranks.

So whats the active boardies faction split currently like? I know we don't need to be on the same realm anymore (other than Mythic raids?) to do some stuff together, but we still need to be the same faction!

I have a lot of you on my Battle.net but as I haven't been playing actively I'm just curious.

I'm Horde myself. :D

So whats the active boardies faction split currently like? I know we don't need to be on the same realm anymore (other than Mythic raids?) to do some stuff together, but we still need to be the same faction!

I have a lot of you on my Battle.net but as I haven't been playing actively I'm just curious.

Alliance, i found them cleaner ;)

MY main and main alts are Alliance. But I'm levelling up some horde characters at the moment.

96 mage that I'm flying up when I have time. Probably get him 100 this weekend. Was originally to play with a friend but hes now playing overwatch.

And to be honest, I might be playing a lot of overwatch :D

Roughly 50:50 split of toons between both sides, I am currently playing horde but I have alliance options.

Main reason is I'm a lore buff and some classes just make sense as certain races, I have a human pally and an orc shaman.

• Advertisement

I'm a huge Lore buff too. I <3 the lore of warcraft from 1-3 and all the comics / books inbetween ...it's just brilliant

I also saw the Warcraft film the other night...I lost it after my "pot the Easte Eggs" game turned into "spot the bad lore"

then the next day i found it was nothing to do with WoW lore ...so now i need to see it again

Yah they specifically said it won't follow the exact same storyline as the games.

Yah they specifically said it won't follow the exact same storyline as the games.

need to avoid another one of these... :pac:

I'D LOVE TO HAVE THE FREE TIME TO notice **** like that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Leveling up a Rogue at the moment, and really enjoying it again. When did they add an upgraded Ambush that allows you to warp to the target? Makes leveling crazy fast.

Think i'll use a Prot Pally as my main, with the Rogue as my alt once it goes live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Kiith wrote: »
    Leveling up a Rogue at the moment, and really enjoying it again. When did they add an upgraded Ambush that allows you to warp to the target? Makes leveling crazy fast.

Think i'll use a Prot Pally as my main, with the Rogue as my alt once it goes live.

I had loads of fun leveling my prot pally. Pure dungeon runner from 15-80.
    Then did Vashj'ir and was 85.
    Jade Forest to 90 and WoD as questing only.

Kinda ridiculous that you can complete a full expansion (both Cata and MoP) in their first zone. I was full looms but no pot buffs during it.
    People say it's slower to level as prot but when pulling hulla large groups and downing them easy, I found it quite fast really.

Kiith wrote: »

Have you seen the Prot Pally beta videos? It's so OP right now, it looks great fun! :pac:

Have you seen the Prot Pally beta videos? It's so OP right now, it looks great fun! :pac:

I've been getting the opposite feedback, from players and videos. Prot Pally looks an absolute disgrace and bore :(

Although there appears to be a general backlash to the changed tanking model for this expansion from what I can read

I see that AMR(Ask Mr Robot) have launched their simulation programme for Legion. Very excited for it. They take existing concepts and imo make them better and more user friendly. I love their gearing recommendation tool, I LOVE their logs model, so really excited for their simulation tool. Already looks brilliant.

Simcraft has been a longstanding tool, but its such a horrible programme and somewhat heavy and extreme on the end user.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've been getting the opposite feedback, from players and videos. Prot Pally looks an absolute disgrace and bore :(

Although there appears to be a general backlash to the changed tanking model for this expansion from what I can read

I see that AMR(Ask Mr Robot) have launched their simulation programme for Legion. Very excited for it. They take existing concepts and imo make them better and more user friendly. I love their gearing recommendation tool, I LOVE their logs model, so really excited for their simulation tool. Already looks brilliant.

Simcraft has been a longstanding tool, but its such a horrible programme and somewhat heavy and extreme on the end user.

Simcraft is like pulling feckin' teeth. I'll be delighted if AMR can get their sim up to par with it so I can never, ever, use Simcraft again.

I've decided I'm gonna' brave the Legion with my Mistweaver Monk and hope for the best. I spoke to Monkioh from Midwinter briefly about the class, so I'm feeling confident that it has a place in the raid set-up.

As for alts... I really like the look of the new Shadow Priest, and it's one class I've always wanted to try out. Plus, given the new buff to Holy, it looks like a great little class to play.

My guild is reforming for Legion and asking me to take on the role of Healing Officer. I better learn to play again! :pac:

Simcraft is like pulling feckin' teeth. I'll be delighted if AMR can get their sim up to par with it so I can never, ever, use Simcraft again.

I've decided I'm gonna' brave the Legion with my Mistweaver Monk and hope for the best. I spoke to Monkioh from Midwinter briefly about the class, so I'm feeling confident that it has a place in the raid set-up.

As for alts... I really like the look of the new Shadow Priest, and it's one class I've always wanted to try out. Plus, given the new buff to Holy, it looks like a great little class to play.

My guild is reforming for Legion and asking me to take on the role of Healing Officer. I better learn to play again! :pac:

Get that stream going again :D

I'm also back to my old guild. The guild I was on trial on was a bit of a level above me(but I always back myself to improve) but the time constraints for Legion is just too much for me, with a newborn on the way in September.

So a nice little comprahmise that I can continue mythic raiding.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Get that stream going again :D

I'm also back to my old guild. The guild I was on trial on was a bit of a level above me(but I always back myself to improve) but the time constraints for Legion is just too much for me, with a newborn on the way in September.

So a nice little comprahmise that I can continue mythic raiding.

I hope to :cool:

We're raiding two days a week again in Legion, which suits me to the ground. And with no garrison this time around I can spend my free days not waiting on missions to complete :D

I'm just not looking forward to fixing my UI and keybinds when I lose half my abilities in 7.0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

LMAO.

Check this out from Swifty...

Prot warrior 1 shot kill hitting at 1.3 - 2 million damage in pvp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFA6tgXhoDo

I hope to :cool:

We're raiding two days a week again in Legion, which suits me to the ground. And with no garrison this time around I can spend my free days not waiting on missions to complete :D

I'm just not looking forward to fixing my UI and keybinds when I lose half my abilities in 7.0 :pac:

What server are you guys on? I'm looking to come back semi active for raiding (time and toddler permitting)

What server are you guys on? I'm looking to come back semi active for raiding (time and toddler permitting)

I'm on Ravencrest Alliance.

I wouldn't be the best person to look to do stuff with. At the moment I'm only really logging into for Garrison stuff and the odd messing around. Be obviously on loads when Legion arrives, but then I go into raid mode, which is basically coming on just to raid (I also have a toddler, and another on the way in Sept )

Tarren Mill, Horde.

I think we're sticking to our WoD schedule, which was Thursday and Sunday, 6-10 GMT.

We were the best ranked 2 day guild on the realm until we stopped raiding during WoD. Looking to get back to that level for Legion.

In the meantime, I remembered I have a level 85 Paladin on Kul Tiras-EU so I'm going to level it to 100 now, swap to Tarren Mill, and carry a third healer (along with my RShaman) into Legion in case the guild needs either. :pac:

• Advertisement

I've been cleaning up some very old achievements that i didn't finish back in the day, to my biggest shock i'm only 3 off getting my Glory of the Icecrown Raider and that tasty mount.

Been trying to get the Lich King one, and its an absolute pain in the ass as I cant get the stacks working properly on my mage. Think im gonna swap over to my hunter and try with him.

I've been cleaning up some very old achievements that i didn't finish back in the day, to my biggest shock i'm only 3 off getting my Glory of the Icecrown Raider and that tasty mount.

Been trying to get the Lich King one, and its an absolute pain in the ass as I cant get the stacks working properly on my mage. Think im gonna swap over to my hunter and try with him.

If I recall one of them requires a group to do? I'll help if I'm online. Every man deserves an undead dragon (or two) :cool:

If I recall one of them requires a group to do? I'll help if I'm online. Every man deserves an undead dragon (or two) :cool:

It looks like they're all soloable, but the Lich King one needs a pet seemingly.

Thanks for the offer though :)

It looks like they're all soloable, but the Lich King one needs a pet seemingly.

Thanks for the offer though :)

No it doesnt it requires keeping the adds up so they pick up that disease, the disease stacks on them not on your pet or anything like that. I solo'd it on a hunter all you really gotta do is stay alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Only looked at one or two videos for legion, but the 5 man 'raids' i'm really looking forward to

No it doesnt it requires keeping the adds up so they pick up that disease, the disease stacks on them not on your pet or anything like that. I solo'd it on a hunter all you really gotta do is stay alive.

Aye ran it today with my hunter and got it, piece of cake.

I do need to work on 2 more now, and ill have my sweet ass mount.

I got my Grove Warden last night. Apparently it was introduced just after I stopped raiding having had HC on farm for months and in Mythic progression.

Annnnyway, I think it's sweet af. Solo healed Highmaul Normal as well for the craic with some guildies. Tectus is a great fight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

When's this out in Ireland lads and where can I pre-order the special edition?

Girlfriend has been at me for it

Texas Jack wrote: »
    When's this out in Ireland lads and where can I pre-order the special edition?

Girlfriend has been at me for it

30th of August, and you can get the special edition from the WoW website:

https://eu.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-legion

Or you can get the collectors edition from the likes of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blizzard-72987EN-World-Warcraft-Collectors/dp/B01AL7WN56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467818262&sr=8-1&keywords=legion+collectors+edition

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Cheers mate

What does she get with the Digital Deluxe Edition compared to the Standard Edition?

Advertisement