Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Happiness

Options
  • 24-11-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

Right, let's see. I've trained as a hypnotherapist, psychotherapist and NLP practitioner so I'm going to share the various instant happiness techniques. I didn't invent them but I use them on myself and they work. Each number is an individual technique, use them separately or together, they don't fade with use.

1. Smile broadly (like you mean it!) and wiggle your fingers and toes. Try it.
    2. Snore loudly (while awake). This fires off those lovely endorphins. Try it when you're laughing for an extra bonus.
    3. Dance. You don't need a dancefloor or a partner. Or a sense of coordination. Or rythym.
    4. Walk a couple of miles at a fair speed. Proven to be as good as Valium.
    5. Have sex.

None of these are sophisticated or new, but they all work. Numbers 1-4 work really well, number 5... well, you can't really get that on demand :D

I also use I-Doser, it uses binaral beats to create different brain states, i.e, contentment, relaxation etc. If it works on me it'll work on everyone. I've no affiliation to the program or site. You have to buy most of the 'doses' but there's two with the free program so I just use those two.

More tips to come when I think of them.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd like to add:

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 duckleg

Smile broadly (like you mean it!) and wiggle your fingers and toes. Try it.

Brilliant, it totally works :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

You kind of mentioned it before-exercise.
    Its good for you,you ll feel better,look better and get a natural buzz after a workout.
    You might even feel better because you look better?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

learn new things with infinite determination. The feeling of accomplishment when you finally get the hang of something you were considering quiting is simply amazing... =)

Advertisement