Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't quit must quit

Options
  • 30-01-2017 1:52pm

Anyone else been in this position?

I just started a new relationship and my girlfriend doesn't know I'm a smoker. I smoke about 15 a day, mostly during work, which is a very stressful job. My job gets more stressful towards the end of the month because I'm on a month by month rolling contract (later this afternoon I have a performances meeting which basically determines whether I'll be here in March).

I feel huge pressure to quit by family and friends but work and financial pressures seem to be making this an impossible task. I also want to quit before my new date finds out I smoke but I feel like I resent her every time I forego a cigarette break (stupid I know)

How have you guys who have demanding work situations managed to kick the habit?

I've tried patches and gum and even vaping but I still come back to these horrible fcuking cancer sticks. I know there's probably no quick fix to escape the cigarettes but any tricks you've used during times of stress would be great to know, as I feel like my stress level is the biggest barrier to quitting right now

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Vapely

What nicotine strength did you try when you attempted vaping? If it was low like 3 or 6mg it wouldn't have done much for you on 15 cigarettes a day. 18mg or higher should really help with the cravings and at the very least may help you cut down. Of course, it's not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 masonlvvy

well,no better way to forget smoking,so only can vape now.
    so you better try vape and smoking less.if not know what order for new vaper,
    search on google,some websites will show you.
    to me,one smok alien kit in my hand...love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Anyone else been in this position?

I just started a new relationship and my girlfriend doesn't know I'm a smoker. I smoke about 15 a day, mostly during work, which is a very stressful job. My job gets more stressful towards the end of the month because I'm on a month by month rolling contract (later this afternoon I have a performances meeting which basically determines whether I'll be here in March).

I feel huge pressure to quit by family and friends but work and financial pressures seem to be making this an impossible task. I also want to quit before my new date finds out I smoke but I feel like I resent her every time I forego a cigarette break (stupid I know)

How have you guys who have demanding work situations managed to kick the habit?

I've tried patches and gum and even vaping but I still come back to these horrible fcuking cancer sticks. I know there's probably no quick fix to escape the cigarettes but any tricks you've used during times of stress would be great to know, as I feel like my stress level is the biggest barrier to quitting right now

Thanks
    If you want to go cold turkey on cigarettes you need to allow for around a six month time period to really be out of the craving zone.People underestimate this and get demoralised.But if you set your mind on the six months then freedom awaits thereafter.

Advertisement