Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1Password - Free for 1 year

Options
  • 16-06-2019 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭

This is a simple enough one, just sign up using the link and get 1 year of 1Password.com for free. You can use the mobile and desktop apps as well as the web interface with the free account.

No credit card required, signed up and says I’ve a year trial on my account now.

For anybody who isn’t familiar, it’s a Password Manager app, one of the best imo.

https://1password.com/promo/canva/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

Thanks op, Must be due to there security breach a few weeks back.... Great offer ��

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Doesn't chrome do this for you. And Samsung.

For free.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

garfie1d wrote: »
    Thanks op, Must be due to there security breach a few weeks back.... Great offer ��

I must have missed that. When did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭garfie1d

lawred2 wrote: »
    I must have missed that. When did that happen?

Canva breach not 1Password
    I got a email on the 26th May

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I got 1Password years ago as part of a bundle when I bought Parallels. Works across iOS, Mac, and PC. They’re charging a subscription now?

**** that, iCloud Keychain is free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I use the built-in password manager alongside 1Password myself. I use 1Password as an authentication app for 2-factor sign-in’s as well.

Plus I like the added security features like checking if your passwords were in any security breaches or finding duplicates.

I’ve been using the apps standalone for a few years now, not a fan of subscriptions but it’s free so why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

listermint wrote: »
    Doesn't chrome do this for you. And Samsung.

For free.

This is more than just online web passwords, it's a fully fledged multi platform password manager which includes random password generator, app fill features, a document storage vault and family sharing features. I use lastpass myself but always keep my eyes open for something better, I've read good things about this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

1password is great but just as an fyi the .com site has its data hosted in the USA. The .eu site hosts it’s data in Europe in case there are some people who care where there data is stored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

5uspect wrote: »
    I got 1Password years ago as part of a bundle when I bought Parallels. Works across iOS, Mac, and PC. They’re charging a subscription now?

**** that, iCloud Keychain is free.

You can still buy the software, But you have to pay for each version you want (MAC, iOS, Windows, Android etc.)

If you have the subscription you get access to all the OS version, plus access it from their cloud web app.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

DubDJ wrote: »
    I use the built-in password manager alongside 1Password myself. I use 1Password as an authentication app for 2-factor sign-in’s as well.

Plus I like the added security features like checking if your passwords were in any security breaches or finding duplicates.

I’ve been using the apps standalone for a few years now, not a fan of subscriptions but it’s free so why not.

Because at the end of year one it's not free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭KAGY

lawred2 wrote: »
    Because at the end of year one it's not free

Keepass (https;//keepass.info) is open source and free. There's EU bug bounties available on it so people are actively trying to find bugs in it to improve it.

There's plugins for most browsers, a app+ keyboard for android and it syncs to Dropbox, drive etc.

It mightn't be as streamlined as others, so maybe not for your granny,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Genghis

It says you need to email to verify your Canva account to avail of the free year. So apparently not available unless you are cancelling Canva?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

These the Same people as GoToMyPC ???? Ramped by subs from €90 to €375 this yr.... and no negotiation on it. Wouldn't like to getting that kind of bill after the free year..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I just use the free version of LastPass.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Wheety wrote: »
    I just use the free version of LastPass.

Same, very handy.
    Good android app and great browser plugin.

Had the paid sub for it via work for years changed jobs, lost the sub but honestly have lost zero functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

FYI the same way iCloud keychain locks you into Macs & iPhones once you've used this for a year it'll be virtually impossible to not pay to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Yourmama

+1 for free version of lastpass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

banie01 wrote: »
    Same, very handy.
    Good android app and great browser plugin.

Had the paid sub for it via work for years changed jobs, lost the sub but honestly have lost zero functionality.

I've often wondered why I'm still paying for lastpass premium when they've made most of the features free. I have 2 accounts, work and personal

This is more than just online web passwords, it's a fully fledged multi platform password manager which includes random password generator, app fill features, a document storage vault and family sharing features. I use lastpass myself but always keep my eyes open for something better, I've read good things about this one

lastpass is decent and free for the bits that most people will need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Lastpass is still a bit of a faff on phones (not sure about the others) but it's very good on desktop chrome.

• Advertisement

Lastpass is still a bit of a faff on phones (not sure about the others) but it's very good on desktop chrome.

How so?
    Serious question.
    Once it's giving accessibility permission to draw over other apps I've rarely encountered any issue other than occasional sync problems?

How so?
    Serious question.
    Once it's giving accessibility permission to draw over other apps I've rarely encountered any issue other than occasional sync problems?

Autofill popop not appearing when you want it all the time, appearing when you don't want it at other times, and losing that accessibility permission randomly so you have to enable it again. Been like that on my last 3 phones.

Autofill popop not appearing when you want it all the time, appearing when you don't want it at other times, and losing that accessibility permission randomly so you have to enable it again. Been like that on my last 3 phones.

Thanks, I get you now.
    I had similar issues on my last Samsung alright.
    Using a Mi8 at the moment and very rarely encounter the issue.
    I thought it had perhaps been an app issue that was resolved.

Thanks, I get you now.
    I had similar issues on my last Samsung alright.
    Using a Mi8 at the moment and very rarely encounter the issue.
    I thought it had perhaps been an app issue that was resolved.

There's days that it'll pop up every time I go to type a post here and then it'll stop doing it for ages. Strange random one.
    I haven't had to re-enable the 'draw over other apps' in a while now that I think of it, so that might be sorted.

Genghis wrote: »
    It says you need to email to verify your Canva account to avail of the free year. So apparently not available unless you are cancelling Canva?

I’ve no Canva account, literally just followed the link and signed up and no extra steps were required.

I’m using 1Password a while now, I went with it as the start because it was better than the others and iOS and Android didn’t have built-in password managers at the time.

I did consider using LastPass a while back but the data breach they suffered discouraged me at the time. Haven’t compared password managers but I paid the standalone price years ago for 1Password and been using it since then so no push for me to switch tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I’ve no Canva account, literally just followed the link and signed up and no extra steps were required.

I’m using 1Password a while now, I went with it as the start because it was better than the others and iOS and Android didn’t have built-in password managers at the time.

I did consider using LastPass a while back but the data breach they suffered discouraged me at the time. Haven’t compared password managers but I paid the standalone price years ago for 1Password and been using it since then so no push for me to switch tbh.

Tried it but it asks to email them, if you signup on that page it seems to be for 30 days free trial only :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Tried it but it asks to email them, if you signup on that page it seems to be for 30 days free trial only :confused:

I clicked on the link to email them, I got a signup link about 30min later, even that I didn't have an account with Canva

• Registered Users Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I know what it is chrome does most of it for free.

Samsung does the rest also free

They must have changed it, when I signed up it was simple, no extra steps other than create a master password and enter my details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

They must have changed it, when I signed up it was simple, no extra steps other than create a master password and enter my details.

Emailed them and they sent me back a link for the free year, all sorted now :D

Advertisement