Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Token

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I had young kids play my pinballs before for a few minutes.....never again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

J_E wrote: »
    The response I got when I asked them, was that they did a pilot of this and it didn't go to plan. I imagine they are worried about hardware being messed with, of course most kids going to this accompanied by a gamer would behave perfectly fine, but it only takes one group to break something... Then again, the same could be sad for the adult-sized kids!

Maybe that's why they've borked screens and controls on some of the machines in there, from that pilot test, or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭geotrig

Inviere wrote: »
    Maybe that's why they've borked screens and controls on some of the machines in there, from that pilot test, or something

I don't know these things got a good battering bitd. They are all fairly to robust machines. If the sticks /buttons they are using are breaking that easy I'd have to ask what they are using?? . Let's face it everything else hardware wise is locked away in the cabinets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

geotrig wrote: »
    I don't know these things got a good battering bitd. They are all fairly to robust machines. If the sticks /buttons they are using are breaking that easy I'd have to ask what they are using?? . Let's face it everything else hardware wise is locked away in the cabinets.

It takes seconds/minutes to swap out a button or stick, there's no excuse really given how cheap they are. Screens are a different story though, they require knowledge and skill to repair, which isn't always available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭geotrig

I know ,I still don't see what kids would manage to do to a screen that you have no access too that an adult with some drink or other couldnt manage the same ,these cabs /machine were made to take some abuse. The screens is mostly an age thing and nothing more.

I've found adults to be more aggressive than any kids playing on any of my stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's being billed as a bit of a cool, hipster type hangout - so I'd say kids just aren't part of their image really. More money to be made in adults and flowing beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Guys, stay off the Pac Man machine for a bit. The joystick is a disaster at the moment. I regularly score over 100-150k and I can't even finish the first level. I'm really annoyed by it.

Update: They have replaced the joystick - I will be giving it a shot tomorrow, will let you know if it's okay again!

Edit: The joystick is good. I'd still rather the old red one they had with the locked axes (this feels like a joystick) but still scored a respectable 158k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

They've got a DDR machine in there now apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I was just there. Qued up to wreck some girls who were on it and it crashed, switched it off then. Said its been giving trouble and only went on today. Wouldn't say its big problems, it rebooted fine and then crashed again

• Advertisement

I guess I'm more disappointed that it's a Euromix cab. Was really hoping for Supernova at least, that game is ancient in DDR standards.

I'd say they should be careful with getting old hardware in when it comes to the likes of that. Maybe better off investing in an In The Groove cabinet which could be modified by a group to add additional songs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

There's a new 4 player Turtles aracade cabinet coming out soon. Wonder if Token would ever consider getting new cabs in?

tmnt-noscale.jpg

It might be rubbish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

It looks damn tasty though... Pity i probably won't see this in galway any time soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

It is a space saver or is it, older one is probably a lot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I have a feeling that turtles game might show up in the bowling place here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I wouldn't have high hopes for that Turtles game I don't like Raw Thrills racers and what experience do they have with fighters?

Heading to token now for a bit. I've never learned to play DDR hopefully it's quiet I can embarrass myself on a small scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

...any new games?

I don't like Raw Thrills racers

Absolute sh1te,you cant even control them you just press the pedal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

DDR was out of service that day I went unfortunately. Also I got on a nice run with Ghouls N Ghosts, which is nice cos I haven't played it once, until I got to the second level, had to climb a ladder and discovered up on the stick isn't working :D.

In other news there's a Barcade opening in Cork City in the Mardyke complex. Details are patchy so far in terms of what games they've got, they're waiting for a big reveal. Going to be retro consoles and board games also. I know they've Time Crisis, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong anyway. It's in beta test mode so you can just go in and check I haven't been in Cork in the last few weeks otherwise I'd pop in.

It's called barcardia.
    There's a thread here about them :)
    Nice pinballs

• Advertisement
Advertisement