Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do I need planning for a storage container

• 23-09-2020 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have site beside my parents house. I have had to sell the house as there is an equity release on it. We are due to close in the next few weeks and am due to be out by end of October but
    I still have the site. I am hoping to get planning on the site and will be starting this process in the next few weeks. In the meantime I have to clear my parents house and there's stuff I want to keep for when I have built my own house.

It won't be permanent but can I use a container for storage on the site without getting permission for it? Will a container on the site make my chances of getting permission less?

I don't want to piss of the planners.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Seek planning advice before going sale agreed. Avoid putting a container in the site - the planners will take issue with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭teddybones

Thanks. I will heed that advice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

teddybones wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have site beside my parents house. I have had to sell the house as there is an equity release on it. We are due to close in the next few weeks and am due to be out by end of October but
    I still have the site. I am hoping to get planning on the site and will be starting this process in the next few weeks. In the meantime I have to clear my parents house and there's stuff I want to keep for when I have built my own house.

It won't be permanent but can I use a container for storage on the site without getting permission for it? Will a container on the site make my chances of getting permission less?

Yes, planning required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Container may not be ideal for what you want either. Condensation internally will be an issue.
    teddybones wrote: »
    Hi there,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Container may not be ideal for what you want either. Condensation internally will be an issue.

Especially if storing mattress, soft furnishings etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A Box body truck

It can be moved when needed

Advertisement