Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fall Guys (PC/PS4) The BR to end all BR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Been yellow every time in the egg basket, have only gotten to play footy one time - I'd much rather that than the eggs tbh.

The eggs is the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The eggs is the worst

Actually managed to win a couple of them last night after. I've found the best strat for me at least, is after the eggs are gone from center, just leg it to one of the other colour baskets and start chucking their out. Don't waste time trying to jump out with one, just chuck loads out, has them scrambling to defend and you only need a half awake team to mind your basket and you're good. Trying to defend is the toughest, be the aggressor.

I find I log in now and just do 2-3 rounds, it is wearing a little thin already but I expected that from the start. It is that type of game, jump in, quick buzz, back to something deeper - ended up in the Witcher 3 for 3 hrs instead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think a good idea for this would be a solo mode, where it's you against leaderboards. No one else to get in your way, only you and the course. But they'd have to fix the cheaters first. There's a lot of scope in this game, I hope they can keep up with the limited attention span of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

4 crowns tonight, including 3 in a row. All on Fall Mountain. People are still timing their jumps completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I think a good idea for this would be a solo mode, where it's you against leaderboards. No one else to get in your way, only you and the course. But they'd have to fix the cheaters first. There's a lot of scope in this game, I hope they can keep up with the limited attention span of players.

solo mode would be boring imo, half the fun is is watching eejits mess up and knocking people into slime:p also half the difficulty is the other players around you game would be way to easy on your own and be fairly pointless imo

• Advertisement

Dave1711 wrote: »
    solo mode would be boring imo, half the fun is is watching eejits mess up and knocking people into slime:p also half the difficulty is the other players around you game would be way to easy on your own and be fairly pointless imo

The door dash one is f*cking chaos. Even Whirlygig, I almost never get hit by the spinning bars, but get regularly knocked over by others who have gotten hit by them.

But I can see PM's point too that some of the race ones could be prime for a time-trial type of mode, or even harder solo versions of Block Party or the rotating wheels ones.

I'd veer more towards the 'Keep It Simple, Stupid' way of thinking though. Local and online split-screen are the only modes they need to add. Aside from that, just keep adding new levels and modifying existing ones because some of the races are getting to the point where after playing them a few times, you know what routes to take and how to avoid dangers, so they should vary them up a bit. The most challenging part of Fall Mountain now is just timing the jump for the crown. The actual race once you've played it a few times, you'd have to be horribly unlucky to be knocked down by anything.

If anything they could make Slime Climb a final round with faster-rising slime. First to reach the crown (or last not to fall into the slime) wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone who replied " fIx Ur GaM" on twitter or Steam shouldnt get that reward.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Maybe just me, but I see the new outfits and it's like 'cool' the first time, then it's more 'meh' when you see everyone's got the same and I feel like going back to basic skin just to be different :D I certainly wouldn't ever pay a cent for a costume in a game

• Advertisement

Maybe just me, but I see the new outfits and it's like 'cool' the first time, then it's more 'meh' when you see everyone's got the same and I feel like going back to basic skin just to be different :D I certainly wouldn't ever pay a cent for a costume in a game

You can tell what's in the shop each day when about a quarter of the players all have the same new outfit.

I'm mostly just going to stick to normal bean, change up colours and patterns every now and again. Will keep an eye on if something really good shows up in shop though, considering I've about 15 crowns and 20k coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Perfect Match is a bit crap. I feel like everybody gets through. I don't even pay attention to the tiles, just run where everybody else does.

Edit: I love Limmy too...

"Lead the way, dickheads..." has become my mantra for that level.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Perfect Match is a bit crap. I feel like everybody gets through. I don't even pay attention to the tiles, just run where everybody else does.

Seen a surprising amount fail sometimes, especially I think getting confused between apples and oranges. Last round can be pretty dicey just because it might only be 3 squares. Definitely been one or two times where if a certain fruit came up I just wouldn't have made it to one.

That said, for the most part it's just boring.

Haha, Limmy, love seeing him rage :D

Penn wrote: »
    You can tell what's in the shop each day when about a quarter of the players all have the same new outfit.

I'm mostly just going to stick to normal bean, change up colours and patterns every now and again. Will keep an eye on if something really good shows up in shop though, considering I've about 15 crowns and 20k coins.

If I could manage to win some rounds I'd probably buy some more outfits [got a few already like the duck and pigeon] but yeah, I mostly end up going plain, nobody pays much heed to ya because they think you're a noob. I'm that guy though, forever the finalist ... never the champ :/

If I could manage to win some rounds I'd probably buy some more outfits [got a few already like the duck and pigeon] but yeah, I mostly end up going plain, nobody pays much heed to ya because they think you're a noob. I'm that guy though, forever the finalist ... never the champ :/

Same haha only won my first game after about 25 hours playtime there yesterday in about 7 or 8 finals a day they new final seems like something i might be able to win a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This might be a stupid question... but when you jump for the crown, do you have to use the grab button?

fixXxer wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question... but when you jump for the crown, do you have to use the grab button?

I wouldn't know :P but apparently yes

fixXxer wrote: »

Yes. Caused a lot of people to miss it in the first few days. Also, as the crown goes up and down, dont always jump immediately when you get to the top. Make sure while running up to it that it'll be within reach when you jump. Its often better to wait for the right chance. Me and another guy reached the top with him right in front of me. Both of us paused for a second as the crown was rising and as soon as it started lowering he jumped for it, but it was still too high. That extra second meant I had an easy win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well, it says that you've to grab it at the loading screen and info box before the level starts. Think that's how I won it the first time, the person there just before me jumped at it, hit it and fell, and I grabbed it and won.

Must say, I do like the Solid Snake skin. Waiting on a Jin Sakai one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well, it says that you've to grab it at the loading screen and info box before the level starts. Think that's how I won it the first time, the person there just before me jumped at it, hit it and fell, and I grabbed it and won.

I'm playing this game to lead, not read!!

It would take something special for me to fork out a couple euro for a skin. But, if they really want to get people paying up then the likes of - Link, Geralt, Sonic, Pac-Man, any main SW character and the Avengers/Marvel characters would get them spinning I reckon.

I just hate the whole idea of paid skins in games. I see people using them and all I think is 'P2W noob' rather than how good they seem to be

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭clsmooth

When grabbing eggs, do you just need to tap R2 or do you have to hold it? And also can you throw them? If so, how? By jumping and diving?

clsmooth wrote: »
    When grabbing eggs, do you just need to tap R2 or do you have to hold it? And also can you throw them? If so, how? By jumping and diving?

Hold it.

The best way to throw the eggs to jump and release hold at the same time and your momentum will launch the egg.

Thats generally how i play that mode i sit in an opponents egg basket area and jump and release hold from the bottom of the stairs so you never need to actually walk up them,if you get the rhythm down you can thrown them out of the area where one of the teams will pick them up hopefully.

clsmooth wrote: »

It's RT on an xbox controller for PC at least, and you can throw them by jumping and diving but you also have to release [mid dive, takes some practice]

Played the new Jump Showdown twice. Anyone else notice the camera swinging around by itself randomly in that mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Did brilliant earlier, aced every level and then the final was 6 of us chasing 1 tail, was ****ing stupid. Team game of it isn't too bad.... for a team game but as a final, it can **** right off.

The fact that it's so quick to get back into a game and having fun again makes this a genius game.

I'm getting that ol' feeling I got from other games now ... a bit of performance anxiety :eek: Like I'll think to myself, what's the point? I never win ... :mad:

I don't want it to become one of those traps, I had that in the past with world of tanks - it was fun to start, then people started to bring up stats and win rate and suddenly you felt like a right pleb because you were below 50% WR. Will this happen with FG? if you're under a certain amount of wins you're just a continuous noob? I hope they don't introduce in game player stats for a while yet at least. For now nobody knows I can't win a game until I tell them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Got another couple of wins this evening - once on my first go on Jump Showdown, then finally got a win on Hexagone.

Seems to be a good bit of luck involved with Jump Showdown, I just stayed where I started and kept jumping over the beam. The two sections either side of me fell away and I was on my own on one section, then there 3 others on the other side, and my section dropped last. Hexagone was a satisfying one as I've been on that several times and came close.

Advertisement