Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushrooms!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

endacl wrote: »
    Thread is bringing back childhood memories of shopping bags full of collected mushrooms going on to a frying pan with butter and pepper.

Happy days.

Myself and brother used pick a couple of stems of Ribwort plantain and thread them through it. Used to be able to carry 4 each home. Our mother thought us this. Didn't wash them straight on the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Yes that’s how we bring them home same way when we were young. Fields were littered with them years ago. Yes they were out very early this year. But very scarce. See them from the motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Anyone seen any mushrooms out to date?

I reckon the present heatwave will push out any mushrooms by several weeks at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Yes I have seen a few alright, I would guess if you had a good heavy shower of rain there would be loads of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭White Clover

Saw them in a few fields last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Plenty of fresh mushrooms growing this morning. I picked a good few and they were on the pan with salt and pepper within 10 mins, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Reminds me of when I was young, bring into grandmother to have with boxy and egg

see bits growing but think they’re toadstools

Any one see mushrooms in the fields now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,159 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

have seem some glorious examples on tree stumps in the last couple of weeks, not sure of the variety though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Silverdream

None around me yet. I'd love a few fresh one to fry. I thought after the wet spell we'd have a flourish of them but I think the days may be too warm yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,301 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This week will be bad for them but the reduction in fertilizer should see more of them in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Had a few at the start of the week there. All the rain and heat in the ground. A bit of home grown steak and field mushrooms, hit the spot on Wednesday

Just got one today 😟 only. All the slurry and fertilisers are killing it now. How I would love a bowl of them now. They will become a thing of the past

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭RockOrBog

Picked a few of them earlier and fried them up but I'm not sure tbh, the dragon I met 2 hours later told me they were grand though.

😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Probably too dry for them, they need a night's rain, haven't seen any yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Clearest sight of a mushroom ring.

Fertilising benefits are clearly seen in the grass. Makes p and k more available as well as the N from the fungi itself.

Remind you of edible ringworm. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Silverdream

I have planned to get a nice T-bone steak if the mushrooms appeared.

Still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Few appearing today

Advertisement