Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just wondering..........

Options
  • 19-04-2003 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

hi to who ever is reading......!

I was just wondering do the people who come to the athletics forum do athletics themselves?

I was also wondering if you do run what club do you run with?

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I do the sprint events and I compete for Gowran AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

hi!
    im sorry, but i have never heard of your athletic club and i also ru .................lol. what county is it in?

oopss i forgot the n in run. just in case anybody says anything about it to me about forgetting it--i corrected it myself- arent i so good?......lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You can use the 'edit' tag to correct any spelling mistakes.

Gowran is in Kilkenny.

lol thanks!!! must remember the edit thing in future!!

kilkenny-oh ye beat us (cork) today!!! damn ye lol

ur athletic club must be pretty small?.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I run with Leixlip Athletics Club (North Kildare)

I do the Sprint hurdles and 200m

is leixlip near celbridge?
    the only people i can think of off hand now from kildare are ciara kerns and claire bergin. u no them?

Yeah Celbridge is near Leixlip alright, they'd have a bigger/better organised club than leixlip but I like the fact that i can walk to and from training rather than relying on lifts to Celbridge.

I've heard of Ciara Kerns, don't know her personally or anything.

David McCarthy he of recent international indoor success started off running in leixlip and then moved to Celbridge.

He's in UL now as far as I know doing PE or Sport and Exercise Science I think.

i dont no ciara or claire personally either or anything -just no her from running-seeing them run and stuff.

well if leixilp is more convenient i suppose thats a good reason and everything. Getting lifts i say can be annoying and stuff.

do you compete in all irelands in tullamore or nenagh?

I haven't competed in since Late 2001 I got a bad hamstring injury and tore ligaments... hehe! Nasty!

I haven't fel ready to compete at too high a level yet. Due mainly to confidence after the injuries and lack of competition practice. Hope to be back ASAP though.

I'm lucky enough to be doing sports science and health in DCU so i get to test out theories which will hopefully improve my ability when i resume competition!

I ran in Nenagh twice, my younger brother has been more successful there than me though.

Yeah I also waffel too much....

'scuse that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Horse

>I was just wondering do the people who come to the athletics >forum do athletics themselves?

>I was also wondering if you do run what club do you run with?

Not running at the moment but hope to be back sometime this year.

Club: WSAF

what about yourself?

ya-i also know whats its like to be injured- pulled my hamstring then straight after my quad muscle. Missed All Irelands 2001 coz of it! its frustrating coz u cant do other stuff aswell-i do gaelic football also.

wat club is WSAF??
    i run with a club in cork, and do long and sprint hurdles, l.j and sprints.

It was actually playing a gaelic match that i damaged my hamstrings originally. Haven't played football in two years...

Miss that too...

hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Horse

The full title is Rathfarnham WSAF AC, its a dublin club. Generally does well in road races and cross-country.

Yeah Rathfarnham are good at the aul cross country!

What do you normally compete in?

road races and cross country
    omg how do they do it?? im nackered enough doing a 400m lol
    though i no and see alot of good looking lads that do cross country and road races!!!!!
    I like doing athletics coz i have made so many new friends from all over ireland and stuff and again you do see a few fine fellas on the way................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭MartinNutty

hi to who ever is reading......!

Long time since I competed 1988. Originally competed with Clonliffe in the throws. Went to States on scholarship to St John's University in New York - 1983. Injury finished me off in 1988. Continue to live in New York

Martin

a scholarship-mad

what injury did u get?

you must like new york as u didnt come back home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭MartinNutty

Back injury - a condition that I was born with which was aggravated by throwing and the associated training. Interesting that I only had the condition correctly diaganosed in the past year. In retrospect throwing was probably the worst thing I could have done - but I sure did enjoy the experience.

I stayed in New York for a variety of reasons, professional, marriage, climate etc.

Martin

yes-back injury and throwing dont really go well together do they!

i prob wud have stayed in new york aswell! haha- especially the bad climate we have and then when you have to run it, you say to yourself-why do i do athletics? you get over it though and then in a few years you look back and say "remember the time we were in ______ and it flooded us out of it and we wer soaked to the skin" its funny though wen u think about it and the fun you had that day even if it was raining, cold and windy

• Advertisement
Advertisement