Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread ban

Options
  • 30-05-2021 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

I want to query a thread ban. A moderator on the latest covid restrictions discussion thread has banned me from posting after I mentioned the cervical smear scandal. I referenced the scandal in response to another poster who was talking about the CMO. I wasn't aware that there was a warning in the opening post and given that my comment was both reasonable and relevant I would like to contest the ban. Indeed, my comment in no way deralied the thread nor was it abusive.

In a thread concerning restrictions it seems to me that the CMO's professional history is of enormous relevance given the influence his office has on those restrictions. A post under mine was also deleted for pointing this out, despite a large number of posters thanking the individual who made the comment. In fact, going by the sentiment expressed in the thread it seems the moderator, Ten of Swords, was acting in a heavy handed manner. If a subject is both relevant and discussed in a mature fashion then I don't understand how a moderator can act in such a way. Furthermore, I find the deletion of the post under mine fairly bloody sly, especially considering it was illustrating the relevance of my post as well as the fact it showcased that a large part of the community agreed with it.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are dealt with in Help Desk

The thread in question states in the thread title
    "Read OP For Mod Warnings"

It could not be clearer

The Cervical Check scandal has been a bane of the forum and we have made very, very, many warnings not to bring it up. It's off topic and annoys other users

All I can suggest is you approach the mod and provide some assurance you will actually read mod warnings, and indeed follow them. This one was so explicit there really is no excuse. The mod may agree to lift it but that may be at some future date. I'm certainly not seeing anything warranting overturning here

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please note we will not be approving posts from regular users unconnected to this thread ban appeal

If you have specific moderation issues to raise please start another thread in Help desk

Advertisement