Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure telecom setup

Options
  • 08-09-2020 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Just got new router and it won’t connect to the internet. I’ve ftth I think it might be the pppoe password. Anyone any idea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Is it fibre broadband through the Siro network you got? I'm also looking for the PPPOE credentials for Pure Telecom as I'm planning to get a Siro connection soon. Have you tried the credentials shared in another thread in this forum, search for "Pure telecom router settings". I can't paste the link as I'm a new member and it won't allow me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

I have it through the fibre with phone. They’re only installing siro in my estate now. I got in touch with pure and they sent me the settings.

Username: Puretelecom@puretel.ie
    Password: broadband1
    Vlan id: 10
    Encapsulation: PPPoe
    IPv4
    PPP Trigger Type: Auto Connect

Vlan was disabled on my router. It’s all working now.

That's great to know. Siro is recently available at my location and I'm thinking to go with Pure, but I want to use my own router which seem possible with the details you posted above.
    Out of interest, what's you're experience so for with Pure, would you recommend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

I have found them great. There has been a drop in speed in the last month or so but that’s the first issue I’ve had.

Good to know! I'll give it a go, I'm sick of the big providers like Virgin Media with their extortionate prices or Vodafone and Eir with their shocking customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

Aronaay wrote: »
    I have found them great. There has been a drop in speed in the last month or so but that’s the first issue I’ve had.

What router did you get? Mine arrived today and I had been told it would be a fritzbox on gigabit bit I've got a HG659b that seems to be an old eir modem with a new pure sticker on it, SSID is even eir-#######

• Registered Users Posts: 2 panda03

Howya folks,

I've got a couple of fritzboxes, used to use the for VoIP.

I switched over from VF to Pure, now I got a router from them but its the F2000 eir one with the pure telecom sticker slapped on it.

I used to have one of these back when I was with Eir years ago. both the F2000 from Eir and the white one from Vodafone tend to overheat for me and that then translates to speed loss...

I now use a mesh system at home and that helped a little bit but I still want to try to set up my fritz box 7390 as the main router to easily set up a port forward for my Synology server.

Now... (i hope you still follow what I'm saying ps. Sorry) I used the settings from Aronaay's post, I do have a DSL connection on my Fritz but!... no internet. I plug the F2000 back in and all it gravy...

Any tips lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What router did you get? Mine arrived today and I had been told it would be a fritzbox on gigabit bit I've got a HG659b that seems to be an old eir modem with a new pure sticker on it, SSID is even eir-#######

I ordered from them on Friday. Any idea how long is it until they install. I asked the sales guy about the router and he told me only Siro customers are to get the fritzbox and their own customers will get the Huawei.

he told me to ask when they call about installing. I've received the two emails they send but no other details on when they will be installing

• Registered Users Posts: 2 panda03

Mc Love wrote: »
    I ordered from them on Friday. Any idea how long is it until they install. I asked the sales guy about the router and he told me only Siro customers are to get the fritzbox and their own customers will get the Huawei.

he told me to ask when they call about installing. I've received the two emails they send but no other details on when they will be installing

They sent me a text message when the technician will arrive to install the new wall socket.

I Finalised my agreement on Friday 5th and the technician was in on the following Tuesday then got my Huawei router last Friday and the internet was working straight away even though it was meant to be switched over yesterday.

Pretty sure this week will be a Lil slower due to Paddy's day, but if you want to speed up the process give them a call, the salesperson that I spoke with in the first place told me you can speed it up by a few days if needed but u gotta call

hope this helps

Got my text and the Fritzbox 7530 - next tuesday!

• Advertisement

Duct blocked :( but they said they will come back and try to install a duct without any charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

panda03 wrote: »
    Howya folks,

I've got a couple of fritzboxes, used to use the for VoIP.

I switched over from VF to Pure, now I got a router from them but its the F2000 eir one with the pure telecom sticker slapped on it.

I used to have one of these back when I was with Eir years ago. both the F2000 from Eir and the white one from Vodafone tend to overheat for me and that then translates to speed loss...

I now use a mesh system at home and that helped a little bit but I still want to try to set up my fritz box 7390 as the main router to easily set up a port forward for my Synology server.

Now... (i hope you still follow what I'm saying ps. Sorry) I used the settings from Aronaay's post, I do have a DSL connection on my Fritz but!... no internet. I plug the F2000 back in and all it gravy...

Any tips lads?

Don't choose DSL connection on the fritzbox, choose "Connection to an external modem or router
    Select this kind of connection if the "LAN 1" port of the FRITZ!Box is connected to an already existing external modem or router."

Then input the same ppoe details and VLAN 10 down below that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

danicm wrote: »
    Good to know! I'll give it a go, I'm sick of the big providers like Virgin Media with their extortionate prices or Vodafone and Eir with their shocking customer service.
    Just a note on customer service, don't expect any great shakes with Pure Telecom - I needed the PPPoE login info as someone shared here for my setup. I called them before asking here and to say the person on the phone hadn't a clue what I was asking for is an understatement. I (for my sins) worked on an ISP support line many moons ago and that type of info was bread/butter stuff :)

As with nearly all residential ISPs of late, never expect great support if when it goes wrong :D

Installed there - small bit of digging to do but all repaired nicely. Very impressed so far with the speeds although not got the full 1gb download on any of the devices yet but the coverage from the Fritzbox is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

you wont get full speed unless your devices are hardwired with ethernet and even then they may not have the right hardware to use 1gb

wifi wont get you full speed, you would need all devices capable of wifi6, new wifi6 router and even then likely not be able to max out that speed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Has anyone ever configured their own Router/Modem with PPPOE, VLAN and also home phone functionality?

The "owned" router I have has a Phone 1/2 port, WAN, PPPOE and VLAN but unsure how to configure the Phone element?
    It has much better Wifi range than the Fritzbox.

Advertisement