Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan

Options
  • 22-09-2015 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey

I am trying to make the change to vegan, slowly but surely, I would love if anyone has any suggestions hints etc in order to become completely vegan.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hi ......04, is there anything in particular you are struggling with? Milk and butter are easily replaced with their alternatives. Are you going from vegetarian to vegan? I suggest making some staple meals you can make yourself and to learn about what supplements you may need (B12, omega 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ......04

Hi ......04, is there anything in particular you are struggling with? Milk and butter are easily replaced with their alternatives. Are you going from vegetarian to vegan? I suggest making some staple meals you can make yourself and to learn about what supplements you may need (B12, omega 3).

Hiya, thanks for the reply. I would have eaten poultry but after doing some research and watching countless you tube videos I just want to make the change over.

I'm just struggling with everything to be honest, it is very overwhelming and expensive so im trying to do it slowly but surely, any advice would be very much appreciated. Household cleaning products, shampoos moisturisers etc any suggestions that are vegan friendly would be great, thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah it's a lot to take in at first but once you get it down you won't have to think about it at all. Here is a thread that has some useful links that goes into cleaning and makeup and so on. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057211554
    Cleaning can be things like distilled vinegar, baking soda that are cheap, moisturizer - dead sea spa, shampoo/conditioner is dear enough like Faith in Nature (get from health shops) but the diet itself should be cheap. There are a lot of irish vegan groups on facebook that are about what is vegan in Ireland etc that could help you too.

Start out simple with your diet to try and make it easier on yourself, some nice places for recipes online are the vegan stoner, ohsheglows, vegan zombie, nomyourself etc.

For example we had this from teh vegan stoner yesterday, one of my favourites and really easy:

TheVeganStoner-PeanutStew.jpg

Yeah it's a lot to take in at first but once you get it down you won't have to think about it at all.

Thanks so much for the link, it has so much information!! I think I'm the only person in the world not on Facebook 😂 I was a big chocolate eater and also eggs and I thought it was going to be so difficult but i have just watched so many videos that I could never eat any of that stuff again.

I have heard a lot about cowspiracy, I was trying to download it but it's just not happening, there's a guy in Texas that owns a restaurant and after watching that film he has decided to turn into a vegan restaurant so i would love to see it.

Thanks for the recipe to, ill give that a bash over the weekend, I didn't have any idea what I was going to be eating for breakfast especially but there are so many options. Thanks again for all the info, it is much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

If you are in Dublin or near northern Ireland, go to Superdrug for shampoos and toiletries. The own brand products are all labeled if vegan (most of the stuff is) and they are very cheap compared to usual brands.

• Advertisement

If you are in Dublin or near northern Ireland, go to Superdrug for shampoos and toiletries. The own brand products are all labeled if vegan (most of the stuff is) and they are very cheap compared to usual brands.

Yea I can go to the one in santry, that's great, iv always used simple and as far as I know they are vegan friendly? I downloaded that app where you scan the bar code to see if the company is animal cruelty free and I couldn't believe it when 99% of the stuff I have was all tested on animals, I was sickened. Thanks for that !

......04 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a lot to take in at first but once you get it down you won't have to think about it at all.

Thanks so much for the link, it has so much information!! I think I'm the only person in the world not on Facebook 😂 I was a big chocolate eater and also eggs and I thought it was going to be so difficult but i have just watched so many videos that I could never eat any of that stuff again.

I have heard a lot about cowspiracy, I was trying to download it but it's just not happening, there's a guy in Texas that owns a restaurant and after watching that film he has decided to turn into a vegan restaurant so i would love to see it.

Thanks for the recipe to, ill give that a bash over the weekend, I didn't have any idea what I was going to be eating for breakfast especially but there are so many options. Thanks again for all the info, it is much appreciated
    Don't worry loads of poeple dont use fb, it's not that great haha. If you sign up to the free month of netflix they have cowspiracy now, great documentary. (or it is €4 on their site, people can pay mroe if they wish)

Yep it's all about learning some options! My breakfast is usually a smoothie of peanut butter/banana/cocoa/soy milk and hemp or pea protein powder (sometimes agave syrup too), lovely.

For eating out here are some google docs that show different places in different counties (tabs have different kinds of cuisine in them)
    http://irishvegan.ie/?page_id=4

is that your site booo237?

Advertisement