Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 year old girl dies from overdose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Ugh. That story has a nastier potential (..what if it wasn't "sold"..)
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

exactly, how many 11 year olds are buying coke?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

its in usa, who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

bazH wrote:
    its in usa, who cares

You're such a nice person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

truth be told, i wouldnt give a toss unless i knew the girl but still, no need to be a cold dickhead is there?

• Advertisement

And you do? how can you sleep at night, what with all thw awful things happening around the world, the child drug addicts in rio, the underage prostitutes on the the streets of ecudor.

This is just another tear jerker of a thread by Endurance man, following the same structure, a shock link, and a throwback comment about 'getting the scumbags'

boards.ie's equivelent of Bart's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

bazH wrote:
    And you do? how can you sleep at night, what with all thw awful things happening around the world, the child drug addicts in rio, the underage prostitutes on the the streets of ecudor.

This is just another tear jerker of a thread by Endurance man, following the same structure, a shock link, and a throwback comment about 'getting the scumbags'

I wonder, if it was an 11 year old girl who lived in the same street as you, would you care then...

Of course i would, i would also get upset if someone on my 'street' was gunned down by a a drive-by.

Just because something like that happens in another country and culture doesn't transform into it becoming a problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Endurance Man, have to agree with bazH here, just how is this relevant to us here?

Tragedy happens everywhere everyday, but on an Irish board, if this happened in Lucan or Limerick it would be something to discuss within our frame of reference.

TBH this is just another news story, should we start a new thread everytime some dies unfairly in the world ? dont think afterhours is the place tbh.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

I could never imagine anyone having such a lack of common sense as to sell cocaine to an 11 year old. That is immoral by any standards.

• Advertisement

A bit of sympathy wouldn't go astray.

If I hear that someone is raped and murdered on the news, be it in the US or Ireland, I'll feel a bit bad for about a minute, but then I'll forget about it because it happens all too often.

Nobody's asking for you to see this girl's death as a "problem" that should deeply affect you, but a bit recognition of what happened is only decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I wonder, if it was an 11 year old girl who lived in the same street as you, would you care then...

Obviously he would...chances are that if it was someone in his street he'd know them/their family/friends etc.
    This is some random stranger in a foreign country....people, including children, die in their thousands every day around the planet...a drug angle is always a good headline maker though.
    And she was later seen getting into a minivan with some older men.

Sounds like the Bangbus was in town...:v:
    Okay, so that was a bit tasteless...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Longfield wrote:
    Endurance Man, have to agree with bazH here, just how is this relevant to us here?

Tragedy happens everywhere everyday, but on an Irish board, if this happened in Lucan or Limerick it would be something to discuss within our frame of reference.

TBH this is just another news story, should we start a new thread everytime some dies unfairly in the world ? dont think afterhours is the place tbh.

It was put up to try and start a constructive conversation/debate, does it really matter where the story came from? I was just a little shocked by it so thought i would share, oh well....

Where do you attempt to initiate some contructive debate, would it be the part where you say
    Hope they find the scumbag who is selling cocaine to an 11 year old girl.

I'ma gonna geet my gun and we should lynch dem bastard drug deeelers(in some ghetto street in america)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

bazH wrote:
    Where do you attempt to initiate some contructive debate, would it be the part where you say

I'ma gonna geet my gun and we should lynch dem bastard drug deeelers(in some ghetto street in america)

HAHA...I've just noticed you're the hmod for Bangbus....my mind is blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

bazH wrote:

He most def wouldn't, look at the thread on Mr. Nally, seems he isn't the slightest bit violent or looks for revenge in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Kinda off-topic but: There was a kid sniffing petrol at the back of the 39 bus the other day.. he can't have been older than 12. The smell of it was making me light-headed.:p He started whistling and asking everyone if they could see the fish. He said there was a cartoon fish swimming in his bottle of coke and he wanted to know what it's name was. Kinda funny but sad at the same time.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I once saw a girl no more than 12 years old out of her face on something heavy walking in a daze up grafton street once. She was wearing filthy clothes and had huge rings under her eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

qz wrote:
    A bit of sympathy wouldn't go astray.

Why should we have sympathy for drug users? What they are doing is against the law and they dont deserve any sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

jesus, thats terrible selling drugs to someone of that age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

bazH wrote:

:D

Why should we have sympathy for drug users? What they are doing is against the law and they dont deserve any sympathy.

Because she's eleven years old. She probably doesn't realise the full extent of the harm drugs can do to you. If it were a middle-aged man or woman I'd feel the exact same as you, but this is just a little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

A 16 yr old died in my town in september from a cocaine od.
    A month after another 16 yr old boy was killed in tullow and a week later his friend was murdered in a car accident by a drunken driver.

so sad people dont appreciate there lives and respect it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

How awful. What is the world coming to? :(

*sighs*

How awful. What is the world coming to? :(

*sighs*

Don't worry, its always been this way.

qz wrote:
    Don't worry, its always been this way.

Hmm yeah... but steadily getting worse. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I'm sorry, and don't get me wrong, I'm sympethetic, but what kind of 11 year old idiot would get into a minivan with middleage men? She was young, yeah, but wouldn't the whole scenario look a bit suspicious to her? I wonder if they lured her in by offering sweets....

Flashling wrote:
    I'm sorry, and don't get me wrong, I'm sympethetic, but what kind of 11 year old idiot would get into a minivan with middleage men? She was young, yeah, but wouldn't the whole scenario look a bit suspicious to her? I wonder if they lured her in by offering sweets....

Some kids are gullible or naive. Sad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

sad to hear at the same time, even if it doesnt directly affect us

Advertisement