Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Debranding VF htc Sensation

• 19-09-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I want to remove all the vodafone branding (and associated crapware) from my sensation. Do I have to root the phone in order to do this (I assume so) and on the assumption that I do have to root the phone, has the sensation been rooted or have htc unlocked the bootloader?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Go into mobile data settings and delete the proxy that vodafone have in it. That will get rd of the stupid vodafone signs on the interweb.
    The rest just root it and use titanium to freeze what you don't like. Best thing to do is just put a custom rom on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Better off rooting it instead of using the official unlocking method for the bootloader as your IMEI goes on a list of having no warranty AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

is it straightforward to root it? (ie is there a guide?)

my old desire was rooted easily enough.

Advertisement