Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2020, 09:22   #16
2smiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjohn View Post
If higher end menswear/suits are not your thing then no one expects you to know the brands but IMO responses like this just mean people dont put up bargains
I had no idea what they were, and the response was in no way mocking. You'd want to have very thin skin if that would make you want to stop putting up bargain alerts.
Advertisement
22-01-2020, 09:29   #17
rustledjimmies

Quote:
Herbie Frogg is a reasonable well know brand in suits and it said suits in the title;

Yeah, but it didn't say MEN'S suits... I just saw "Frog suit" and click to find out wtf was going on.

Maybe the lesson is to give BA post better titles? You'll notice Frogg was misspelled too.
(5) thanks from:
22-01-2020, 11:09   #18
Kenny Logins

Quote:

Have we really gotten this bad; people wonder why bargain alerts is gone quiet and this is the first response.
Herbie Frogg is a reasonable well know brand in suits and it said suits in the title; I think it's a pity that if you dont know something that we just mock and try have a laugh at our own lack of knowledge rather than trying to enhance our knowledge. If higher end menswear/suits are not your thing then no one expects you to know the brands but IMO responses like this just mean people dont put up bargains
It was a joke. Do you have jokes where you come from?

BTW, the title says "Frog suits" and my reply bumped the thread.
31-01-2020, 19:10   #19
Redo91

Looking for a bit of advice on this. I’ve a slim fit suit at home which is a size 48 EU which I think is a 38 UK. Figured I should be looking at size 40 in Herbie Frogg suits as I noticed a poster on here saying to order a size up and they even recommend that on the website. Only fear is if I do that size 40 UK is a waist size of 34 and I’m a 32 in waist. Should I chance looking at 38 and hope the suit isn’t too tight or go for the size 40 and chance that the waist on the pants isn’t too big?
31-01-2020, 20:00   #20
Electric Nitwit

I don't know the brand here so this is more general advice - I'd always get the jacket to fit and worry about the trousers later. A tailor's, somewhere like the zipyard if you've one near, will adjust the waist on trousers easily. I've done it loads, I think I only paid €10-15 for it each time
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-01-2020, 20:38   #21
Redo91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nitwit View Post
I don't know the brand here so this is more general advice - I'd always get the jacket to fit and worry about the trousers later. A tailor's, somewhere like the zipyard if you've one near, will adjust the waist on trousers easily. I've done it loads, I think I only paid €10-15 for it each time
That’s great! Thanks for the advice. Ya pretty sure there’s one nearby. I’m based in Galway so a good few alteration places about.
31-01-2020, 20:44   #22
Electric Nitwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redo91 View Post
That’s great! Thanks for the advice. Ya pretty sure there’s one nearby. I’m based in Galway so a good few alteration places about.
It really is very easy. I first got my wedding suit adjusted (taken in, then let out months later ) but now I happily buy suits that only fit alright if I find a nice one at a good price, and just get them adjusted
(2) thanks from:
31-01-2020, 20:56   #23
Bambi

"UK Deliveries
We deliver to all mainland UK.

Over Seas
We do not currently deliver outside of the UK."

Oh well
01-02-2020, 10:20   #24
revz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
"UK Deliveries
We deliver to all mainland UK.

Over Seas
We do not currently deliver outside of the UK."

Oh well
Parcelwizard/Parcelmotel to the north. This is one of the better bargain alerts, cheers OP. Very good quality - but definitely go a size up if you want a comfortable fit.
Advertisement
01-02-2020, 22:50   #25
DavyD_83

Had never heard of them, don't really need a suit, although none of the ones I have for that week at the moment (my weight is all over the shop, I've had to buy a new suit every 2nd wrong I attend)
I'm very tempted, but clueless what size to go for. Will need to do some measuring and see if in still convinced by the time I get round to it...

Also, to be fair to the what is this comments, I read through whole thread before clicking on the link, and even then I want certain that I was gonna just get to a men's suits page, or any position of how legit or good quality they are.
03-02-2020, 14:00   #26
Deckyalrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redo91 View Post
Looking for a bit of advice on this. I’ve a slim fit suit at home which is a size 48 EU which I think is a 38 UK. Figured I should be looking at size 40 in Herbie Frogg suits as I noticed a poster on here saying to order a size up and they even recommend that on the website. Only fear is if I do that size 40 UK is a waist size of 34 and I’m a 32 in waist. Should I chance looking at 38 and hope the suit isn’t too tight or go for the size 40 and chance that the waist on the pants isn’t too big?
Yeah mate go for the 40 and that has trousers with an accurate waistline of 33 rather than 34 due to the slim fitting of these suits.
Thanks from:
03-02-2020, 16:52   #27
cr-07

These don't deliver outside of the UK .. ?
03-02-2020, 16:53   #28
Aristotle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr-07 View Post
These don't deliver outside of the UK .. ?
https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...1&postcount=24
20-05-2020, 15:04   #29
timple23

Just see they have a small selection of suits reduced still in a limited number of sizes.

Seriously good quality suits, they are slim fit, so maybe order a size up. Bought one when this thread was first posted.
Thanks from:
20-05-2020, 15:48   #30
CWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by timple23 View Post
Just see they have a small selection of suits reduced still in a limited number of sizes.

Seriously good quality suits, they are slim fit, so maybe order a size up. Bought one when this thread was first posted.
They're only 30 percent off so is that still a bargain compared to 75

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion