Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Connect

Options
  • 12-06-2019 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my alarm at the moment and I'm not sure how to fix it

I have a Siemens 4220 8 Zone Control panel & Siemens remote keypad SPCK 420 Hallway. I use the SPC Connect app to control it remotely.

On Monday, for whatever reason, our Vodafone broadband dropped and usually this wouldn't cause much of an issue. You get the email notification saying the ATS is down, and when it comes back up you get the ATS is up email. However, since Monday I've been getting these randomly, it will go down for long periods (6 + hours), then come back up for 30 - 60 mins and go down again. It say "SPC Connect Offline" on the panel when it does go down.

I've checked all the cat5 connections, plugged them out and in, all seems fine. The broadband is 100% working as my camera's are online. So I'm stumped?

I've had a google, trying to see is it a SPC Connect/Vandebilt issue, can't find anything.

I do not have engineer access so can't really dive into the panel too much. Is there some way to reset the system? Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hard to say too much without looking at it or the logs.
    Has router changed or anything with your broadband?
    Is connection set via fixed IP or DHCP?
    What DNS settings are used?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I was looking through the router configuration last night, couldn't see anything odd.
    Everything else connected to the internet was working fine.
    SPC Connect had reconnect twice yesterday for about half an hour each time.

I did a factory reset on the router to see if it made a difference.
    It came back online about an hour after the reset, hasn't gone down since.
    It seems positive but doesn't make sense to me.

Advertisement