Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAME Gates & AES GSM

Options
  • 09-06-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭

just have my new gates installed and AES GSM Intercom, all working out very well,

looking now for some way to link this up to Alexa to be able to open the gates while in the house...

any ideas and where to start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

Anyone? Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

One cheap and cheerful method, if your gates are in range of your wifi.

I don't know your gate system but normally in the control board there is an "open contact" i.e "touch two wires together and gate opens.

Buy a Sonoff switch:

eg
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lorsoul-Sonoff-Channels-Control-Appliances/dp/B07KJBSFVC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=sonoff+pro&qid=1561243475&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Wire your open contact to the Sonoff relay.i.e relay closes, gate opens.

Alexa will automatically find the Sonoff switch.

You say "Alexa turn gate ON - gate opens.

Should be possible to do all of the above using low voltage wiring.

P.S: usual disclaimer, if you don't know what you are doing, then keep away from nasty wires.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

tech wrote:
    Anyone? Tks

I've done this a couple of ways.

The above advice is good too,

First of all I did years ago with a lighrwaverf relay. When they hooked up Alexa it was great.

However it requires a routine in the app, very simple but it requires two signals over radiofrequency transmission. I would not recommend this now

First of all have you a push button in your house that when you press it opens the gate?

If you have there is a sonoff unit now that works on 5V that will switch that.

They also have a unit with a 5 to 32V input.

All your sonoff options will need an inching feature, it's very easy to set up, you just set a timer for 1 sec, the units the output for 1 sec the turn off this simulates the button press

Alternatively an older sonoff if you have one, you can as I did disconnect the 220vc passthrough on the sonoff relay so so you have 220V in and a dry contact out. All I needed was a little file

I have this now, I've changed to google home since and I've no issues with voice commands

For a novice the 8 euro low voltage sonoff powered by a mobile phone charger at 5 V is the safest option.

I've a few of these at home, they work on sonoff software but are made by others

I'm finding it more difficult to get the 5 to 32V unit. I like this as its dual output for 10 euro.

When I eventually get it I'll have a 30 percent for pedestrians and 100 percent open for cars on the outputs

I've been unlucky with orders though they keep sending me the 5V input only units

I'd like the one powered by the range 5 ton32V as I have 24 V nearby.

It all depends on what voltage or powering options you have near to the wires that open the gate.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The unit you need for this is the small sonoff unit, you will need one with a low voltage output , you only need one channel

Amazon have them,
    Look up sonoff LV access control,
    They've a long range one now too

I deliberately choose the 4 channnel Sonof Pro R2 relay in my first reply.
    It's made by Sonoff, it's 9-24v, the input is by jack plug so really no wiring at all.
    It's only about 15 euros extra, so shouldn't break the bank if you got electric gates.
    It's got wago style connectors, so no screwdriver even needed.
    And you have 3 extra channels to "play with"
    eg a flashing led light when gate is closing etc. automatically close gate at predetermined time etc. etc.
    and you can add a 433mhz rf remote as well
    and later if you wished you can switch different voltages all in the one unit.

So basically it's only a few quid more, but it will cover any "future bright ideas" you may have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭kub

tech wrote: »
    just have my new gates installed and AES GSM Intercom, all working out very well,

looking now for some way to link this up to Alexa to be able to open the gates while in the house...

any ideas and where to start?

OP did you find a solution to this yet ?

Just Came are about to release their own cloud based App which will integrate with Alexa etc.

https://www.cameconnect.net/came/pages/index_en.html

hi I haven't done anything yet, but thinking about getting a Generic key FOB and programming to gates, they wiring this to a Sonoff Basic or might get the 4 Channel!!

but it will cover any "future bright ideas" I might get !

HI Zimmerframe, im looking at buying the following

Sonoff Basic & RF Remote 433MHz 4-Button, this will allow me program the remote to the signal of gates, and then hard wire remote to switch hopefully will be able to find the PINS

Sonoff RF- WiFi Wireless Smart Switch With RF Receiver For Smart Home, im wondering could I program this switch to the singal of the electric gates remote?

menaing id only need the RF switch??

tech wrote: »
    HI Zimmerframe, im looking at buying the following

Sonoff Basic & RF Remote 433MHz 4-Button, this will allow me program the remote to the signal of gates, and then hard wire remote to switch hopefully will be able to find the PINS

Sonoff RF- WiFi Wireless Smart Switch With RF Receiver For Smart Home, im wondering could I program this switch to the singal of the electric gates remote?

menaing id only need the RF switch??

Your first option will work because your new 433Mhz remote turns on/off the Sonos and your original gate remote switches on/off the gate receiver. So basically you have two totally different remotes switching on/off two totally different things, but in both cases the gate opens and closes just fine.

The second option, will most likely not work, because your original gate remote probably has a"rolling code", which the Sonos receiver won't learn.

Thanks, I'll get 2 remotes and 2 x basics si. As the gates are garage are very far apart. I'll let you know how it works out 😠thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement