Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Tournament

Options
  • 26-04-2019 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

I am surprised that there is not a bigger entry so far for what is always an excellently run strong event in a great venue. I know that it follows on close to the Easter Open but Malahide is a tournament that deserves support.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭sodacat11

One more player needed to even up numbers in the Senior section. Come on chess players, get off yer butts and enter. I am sure that the organisers will still let you in for the discounted rate, tell them that I sent you :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I believe there's a couple of other entrants in addition to those on the ICU website.

I was wondering if this post would be about the 1656-rated player in the top section :)

cdeb wrote: »
    I believe there's a couple of other entrants in addition to those on the ICU website.

I was wondering if this post would be about the 1656-rated player in the top section :)
    Obviously I would prefer if it was strictly over 1800 but since so many of our players in that rating band don't support many of our tournaments I will happily play whoever is put in front of me.

Interestingly, I see he's been bumped down.

His live rating is 1750 and that will go up to 1900 when the recent Irish Open is rated.

Who'd be a tournament controller? Either a 1650 is playing in the over 1800, or a 1900 is playing in the under 1800. Ready-made complaints either way!

Interestingly, I see he's been bumped down.

His live rating is 1750 and that will go up to 1900 when the recent Irish Open is rated.

Who'd be a tournament controller? Either a 1650 is playing in the over 1800, or a 1900 is playing in the under 1800. Ready-made complaints either way!

Who is the 1650 player that you are on about??

• Advertisement

Check the entry list on the ICU site

Check the entry list on the ICU site

Better still, you check the first round pairings

Better better still, you check the fifth post in this thread :)

Better better still, you check the fifth post in this thread :)
    I couldn't be bothered. What has Malahide to do with you anyway? I don't see your name in the entries. More hurling from the ditch as usual?

Hmm. Wasn't aware that was a criterion for starting a bit of chat. You learn something new every day I guess

• Advertisement
Advertisement