Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC low battery driving me nuts please help

Options
  • 30-05-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

So it’s a securewave model. I replaced the main battery with a 12v 7 amp battery, and still the rf low battery warning and beeping. Is there anything else I can try? I’m ready to get a hammer and take it out, we’re getting no sleep and getting an alarm company out to look at it is like looking for the grace of god. Please help if you can.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

FR low battery is a wireless device battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

KoolKid wrote: »
    FR low battery is a wireless device battery.

Thank you, I’ll go see if I can find out how to change them. We’ve a couple of them on the doors and windows. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Any decent value around Dublin for the CR123 batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

A friend uses this site to bulk buy batteries, unfortunately it's not in dublin. https://eu.nkon.nl/10-stuks-duracell-cr123a.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf97NVN2j6e5zGVeNIMc8rjVhGOiU30lhsvEAxaYAIq8MWhFhLuSBoacaAvlbEALw_wcB
    But argos or Currys should have them

Ok so I’ve changed the batteries now I got them in woodies. I’m still getting an error for low batteries, and now a comma fault too.

How do I get the engineers code to see what’s wrong? The guy who installed it years ago in the busy was an electrician and fully qualified etc to install but has now returned full time to electrical work and won’t provide any further assistance. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you changed batteries in all RF devices. Is there wireless bells.
    Does your user code let you access the log?
    If the guy is no longer in the business its just bad form not giving you the engineer code.
    If he's changed the code you could try defaulting. Remove the mains power and disconnect the battery. Remove the factory link and power up. If the panel is not engineer locked you may have the option to default the codes only.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Have you changed batteries in all RF devices. Is there wireless bells.
    Does your user code let you access the log?
    If the guy is no longer in the business its just bad form not giving you the engineer code.
    If he's changed the code you could try defaulting. Remove the mains power and disconnect the battery. Remove the factory link and power up. If the panel is not engineer locked you may have the option to default the codes only.

Thanks a million, I changed all the batteries and it’s stopped beeping. I’m gonna have a go at the above to see if I can get the panel to default, hopefully I’ll find the factory link easily. Thanks for all your help

Payton wrote: »
    A friend uses this site to bulk buy batteries, unfortunately it's not in dublin. https://eu.nkon.nl/10-stuks-duracell-cr123a.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwocPnBRDFARIsAJJcf97NVN2j6e5zGVeNIMc8rjVhGOiU30lhsvEAxaYAIq8MWhFhLuSBoacaAvlbEALw_wcB
    But argos or Currys should have them

Thanks, those same ones are €12 per pair in Argos :eek:

lgk wrote: »
    Thanks, those same ones are €12 per pair in Argos :eek:

Just following up on that, I ordered Duracell CR123 batteries from Nkon, but they only lasted a few months in the bell box rather than the years the previous ones had.

Advertisement