Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with assay mark?

Options
  • 10-04-2019 6:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

I have this silverplate teapot,has an assay or hallmark stamped on the bottom..can anybody help me to decipher it?

477518.jpg

477519.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Edit.

Found on google its by James Dixon & Son,Sheffield 1885

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Edit.

Found on google its by James Dixon & Son,Sheffield 1885

Very good. Cool tea pot, I got a very old victorian tea pot and made the mistake of using it to drink tea. Despite having washed it intensely it has a taste like arsenic.

So display only.

This almost exactly what it looks like but with not as ornate.

DSC07553.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

pirelli wrote:
    Very good. Cool tea pot, I got a very old victorian tea pot and made the mistake of using it to drink tea. Despite having washed it intensely it has a taste like arsenic.

pirelli wrote:
    This almost exactly what it looks like but with not as ornate.

pirelli wrote:
    So display only.

Thanks. I paid a tenner for mine in a charity shop. No intention of making tea in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Very good deal. Tea pots can be an addictive vice, caution is advised to avoid Ebay searching for tea pots.

Advertisement