Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Also, Pompus, did you see the new Archon mode coming in Starcraft LOTV? I definitely want us to play that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

No, what is Archon mode and what is LOTV?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pompous wrote: »
    No, what is Archon mode and what is LOTV?

Legacy of the Void, it's the new Starcraft game, currently in closed beta. Archon mode is where two players can control the same units in game

The new Starcraft game? O:

As in, the sequel to Heart of the Swarm?? O:

The new Starcraft game? O:

As in, the sequel to Heart of the Swarm?? O:

Yes!

As in, yes!

• Advertisement

Sweeet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyway - I missed the start of the hunt since I was away, but now I'm back I'm kinda stuck on the 3rd clue. I think I've found the right place, but there's nothing there I can see ..!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

There is something there.

Read each clue carefully. That's all I'll say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Interested to have a look, Pomp can you white list me for a while if you have server space? johnthebaptise is my username

It's funny, you spell your name wrong in the same way every time you make a whitelist request...

Added :D

• Advertisement

haha, its because i go to the minecraft launcher and take the name from that!

So as far as the xp farm, and cant figure out how to gather it! But no clues!

Also, pomp, in the farm, a creeper blew up and ruined some of the glass work, i fixed it up but couldnt match the same colours together, its a little off white :(

Sorry about that!

No worries!

Hay Baby? Letting all those horses loose was probably not a good idea ... :eek:

343245.png

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

Meanwhile, Ms. Enderman takes the Railroad to Nowhere:

343267.png

Seriously - where is everybody? Weird stuff is going down ...

bnt wrote: »
    Hay Baby? Letting all those horses loose was probably not a good idea ... :eek:

343245.png

Who's going to break it to Welchy that it's really wheat, not hay..

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

#NoRegrets :P

April fools..Welp, no idea what I'll be doing on the server tomorrow.

Well it turns out I don't have to think up anything - Mojang has done it's customary April Fools' snapshot update for me to play with instead. Check it out!

Minecraft 1.9 confirmed as being "The Combat Update"..

*drool*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Is the map in the first post of this thread still available for download? I tried and it failed for some reason, not sure was it the file or my connection.

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Is the map in the first post of this thread still available for download? I tried and it failed for some reason, not sure was it the file or my connection.

It's just a (much) older version of the current map, so either way it's probably not worth your while downloading.

I've been exploring / exploiting the area north of spawn, and have been extending the map at spawn. The problem with that is that the map is getting a bit tall, so I've put some experimental "viewing poles" in front of the map. What you do is: holding the Shift key, back up to the pole: you'll climb up slowly, and stay in place as long as you hold Shift.

bnt wrote: »
    I've been exploring / exploiting the area north of spawn, and have been extending the map at spawn. The problem with that is that the map is getting a bit tall, so I've put some experimental "viewing poles" in front of the map. What you do is: holding the Shift key, back up to the pole: you'll climb up slowly, and stay in place as long as you hold Shift.

Me and Pomp were thinking of putting the map into the town hall, but if you want to make it quite tall that's fine, there's more than enough other things we can put in :)

Also, Pompus, I reached number 1 in my ladder tonight :D

Me and Pomp were thinking of putting the map into the town hall, but if you want to make it quite tall that's fine, there's more than enough other things we can put in :)
    Well, it might still fit - depends on how much space you've allotted. I might go one more row on top.

On this map, I've found, there's stuff going on all around the swamp immediately to the north of spawn, and I plan to circle the railway all the way around it. On the far north side, under the extreme hills,I thought I was far away from everybody - but nope, I found someone had already been building there, tucked away out of sight on the edge of the swamp.

I checked the map last night. It's 7 blocks high and so is the space in the town hall. Any higher and it won't fit. But yeah, if you want to keep making it bigger then by all means. We could make a smaller copy for the town hall.

And congrats DG :) I'll be around tonight after 9 if you want some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Who owns the place with the fallout style vault door?

• Advertisement

And congrats DG :) I'll be around tonight after 9 if you want some games.

I'm heading out tonight, sorry.

Advertisement