Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling Station before the Border

Options
  • 23-02-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to Scotland there in a few weeks and just wondering, where's the last place to fill up before I cross into the North?

I want to fill the van before I cross over if possible, will be travelling on the motorway from Dublin and won't want to leave the motorway.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

I'd be careful filling up anywhere near the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

If you don't want to leave the motorway you have but one option: the Castlebellingham motorway services.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭blackwhite

There's two online Applegreen stations on the M1 at Castlebellingham and Lusk.

If you want one before you leave Dublin, there's Topaz at Dublin airport, and Top Oil and Great Gas on the Old Airport Rd coming out from Santry.

There's also a Great Gas at J4 on M1, Applegreen at J5, Tesco at J9. Not sure what's at the junctions around Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

blackwhite wrote: »
    Tesco at J9.

How competitive is that Tesco do you know? The Tesco in Maynooth is consistently 7-10c dearer a litre than the Tesco in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭blackwhite

n97 mini wrote: »
    How competitive is that Tesco do you know? The Tesco in Maynooth is consistently 7-10c dearer a litre than the Tesco in Dundrum.

No idea I'm afraid - I've a fuel card so don't full up at the Tesco or pay much heed to what it's charging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's the station at Ballymascanlon, at the end of the M1. Technically you'll be leaving the motorway whichever way you go at this junction ;) It's about a quarter mile form the N/M1
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.0355211,-6.380319,520m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Not updated for the end of the M1 but http://www.pumps.ie/ might be worth looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

thanks, I'll go for this castlebellingham motorway services place so.

And there's a burger king there too! Result!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dratw

Apple Green are your best bet. Tesco diesel is pure dung in my experience, especially on long journeys. Always get about 100 miles less to a tank on it. And as above, steer clear of border filling stations!

• Advertisement
Advertisement