Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Old Bottleknecks

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mysterious wrote: »
    Hard to think that the N78 is the old cork road. There is something of character about the N78 going past Athy towards Callan.

Towards Castlecomer you prob mean! Yea it's a nice drive up out of Athy and not a bad road but the game has moved on. Wonder how long before the Bus Eireann and JJ Kavannagh services to Clonmel/Kilkenny retreat off this old route as well. I don't see any sense in putting all services onto it seen as the majority want to get to/from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

I can't believe that no one has mentioned Castleisland yet - thankfully the bypass is on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

dmeehan wrote: »
    I can't believe that no one has mentioned Castleisland yet - thankfully the bypass is on its way

'Cos we're mainly discussing "old" bottlekencks on this thread. Castleisalnd still there unfortunately, but not for too long more. I'm sure it's mentioned on the other thread "Towns still waiting for a bypass" ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

benralph wrote: »
    Castledermot will be bypassed very shortly!

Whats the latest re the Castledermot bypass? Is it still on target for next spring? When heading south, where will it begin?

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bazbu wrote: »
    Whats the latest re the Castledermot bypass? Is it still on target for next spring? When heading south, where will it begin?

Thanks

It could easily be open this winter, it'll run directly from the end of the M9 Kilcullen Bypass to the start of the M9 Carlow Bypass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Chapelizod & Lucan.

Ah, I remember it well, going west and taking a couple of hours to get past Lucan Village...only then to go through Leixlip, Maynooth, Kilcock......how did we survive! :)

Advertisement