Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmarnock to Clontarf/Killester

Options
  • 07-09-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

In rush hour traffic which way would be faster driving. The Coast Road or Malahide Road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine it will vary, especially on where in Clontarf.

I suspect the coast road is quicker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Corb wrote: »
    In rush hour traffic which way would be faster driving. The Coast Road or Malahide Road?

Malahide Road - left at Artane Roundabout...an basically your there.

Happy motoring ...

Victor wrote: »
    I imagine it will vary, especially on where in Clontarf.

I suspect the coast road is quicker.

Level crossing on the Coast Road...regularly fooks me up....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Thank you. It's Blackheath next to the Irish Wheelchair Association and past the Orthapedic Hospital in Clontarf if that would give you more info. I've looked on Google maps and it's not a huge difference but I was just wondering which would be better traffic wise. I thought Coast Road would but I've never driven either routes really so wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Corb wrote: »
    Thank you. It's Blackheath next to the Irish Wheelchair Association and past the Orthapedic Hospital in Clontarf if that would give you more info. I've looked on Google maps and it's not a huge difference but I was just wondering which would be better traffic wise. I thought Coast Road would but I've never driven either routes really so wasn't sure.

The Howth Road would be the closest main route to that place as far as I know (closer than the Malahide Road anyway). What that is like for traffic vs Malahide Rd or Coast Rd I can't say.

Is taking the DART an option? 5-10 minute walk from Killester Station.

• Advertisement

Believe me I've done the math on this one..don't be too concerned with distance or closeness.

All the routs mentioned are pretty similiar in those terms.

But if you take rush hour / schools etc into the equation then the Malahide Road is the best option as its wider and allows more overtaking opportunities.

Using the route i put forward you come out at the Beachcomber Pub and on to the Howth Road.

Advertisement