Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any interest in....

Options
  • 05-09-2009 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

a Taxi plate for Rent WITHOUT a car coming with it? In other words, can/do people rent Taxi plates to use with their own cars? Would their be any market out there for that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Taxipete29

The answer is you can do it. Not sure what the market is like for it at present but I am sure you could find someone to rent it off you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

Thanks man,

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

heres the but ! the car your intending to use has to be passed out as a taxi with the number of the roofsign on the yellow stickers [known in the trade as dasies] .one on the front windscreen and one on the back .plus the usual meter ,printer . another point to remember is that when you plate up a car as a taxi you can slash 50% off its resale value straight away .

heres the but ! the car your intending to use has to be passed out as a taxi with the number of the roofsign on the yellow stickers [known in the trade as dasies] .one on the front windscreen and one on the back .plus the usual meter ,printer . another point to remember is that when you plate up a car as a taxi you can slash 50% off its resale value straight away .

Thats a HUGE but. Thanks for that. So, in other words, you could not rent out a plate to various cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

RNCFAN wrote: »
    Thats a HUGE but. Thanks for that. So, in other words, you could not rent out a plate to various cars?

You can, but there's a room reserved for you on the North Circular Road if you get caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

RNCFAN wrote: »
    no. lets say the plate number is 123456 .the car HAS TO be linked to that number . so the taxi regulator has a licence number 123456 should be on a yellow merc reg number 99 D 4567 .
    and as another poster has said there is a few alot of scammers out there atm . [but sin a sceal eile ] their cards will soon be marked .
    for my tuppence worth "stay well away from the taxi business " i know people are trying to make ends meet with business ideas .keep your money well away from the industry .

no. lets say the plate number is 123456 .the car HAS TO be linked to that number . so the taxi regulator has a licence number 123456 should be on a yellow merc reg number 99 D 4567 .
    and as another poster has said there is a few alot of scammers out there atm . [but sin a sceal eile ] their cards will soon be marked .
    for my tuppence worth "stay well away from the taxi business " i know people are trying to make ends meet with business ideas .keep your money well away from the industry .

OK Thanks for the headsup Man. Just as a bit of background, got a tiny redundancy and trying to get something working for me whilst I try to find work. Sounds like this aint the place to do it in. Cheers.

Advertisement