Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike to Work Scammer

• 20-11-2018 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭

As an employer, I am wondering if there are any obligations on me regarding the correct use of the scheme.

Eg. If I know I have an employee 1 who is planning to buy a bike on the bike to work scheme, but it is for someone else.

Someone else is also an employee.....

Employee 1 pays tax, someone else doesn't earn enough to pay any tax.

Should I allow them to avail of the scheme?
    Employer records

All records in relation to this scheme can be examined by Revenue as part of normal inspections.

Failing to operate the scheme correctly will result in the benefits being withdrawn from both you and your employee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The answer is pretty much there in your quote.

Would you agree to pay one employee their salary via another one, in order to reduce their tax? Cos really this is no different.

And will you ever trust those employees not to rip you off, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Seve OB wrote: »
    Eg. If I know I have an employee 1 who is planning to buy a bike on the bike to work scheme, but it is for someone else...

As noted in earlier reply, you don't want either of these on your premises/payroll.

Either way you do this it does not auger well:
    You acquiesce to this fraudulent endeavour: you are both complicit and seen as a soft touch.
    You refuse, they will look to gouge you in some other way.

The mind set lacks integrity

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement