Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's GDPR gone mad, so it is

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

kippy wrote: »
    The other issue is the exposure of all contact details to the whole group and the lack of the "organisation" being able to respond to a SAR from a member who wants to see all communications between them and the club. This is something allowed for under GDPR and is something that cannot be done with WhatsApp.

Does the SAR reply for systems to which the subject already has direct access?

The principle of the SAR was to give the subject access to data on the data controller's systems. But if the SAR already has full access to the data (via WhatsApp), what's the point of an SAR?

On the original issue of the defib locations, I wonder if the consultant just got his knickers in a twist, or wanted to take a swipe at the HSE? Have we any actual evidence that somebody in the HSE gave this GDPR response? And did it come from somebody at an appropriate level, or did he ask the receptionist at his local health centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

kippy wrote: »
    I didn't make that implication. However even if it is one way communication 95% of the time, the ability for two way has to be there for that 5% of the time.

You cannot use a website to let people know an hour out from a match that the match is cancelled - well you can but you know what the result would be.

If a match is cancelled you don't need to have two way "chat" about it. In my experience people who have problems reading email, will have the same problems with any communication system you use.

Email sms and whatsapp, all appear in the same notifications conduit. Actually I've muted most of the Whatsapps one not to give notification as theres so much noise on them. So they get lower priority for me.

The one time you might need a chat is change of pitch or some last minute direction updates.

Badly need some app to give you precise directions and naming of pitches, especially overflow pitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

IMO the reason most use whatsapp is because its free and easy to use.

But most don't use it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I'm going to plough on using WhatsApp to communicate to parents as an underage coach.
    I dont have to name the group as anything other than a friends with common interests group. A bit like the time the dublin footballers didn't ho abroad to train but just to visit cemeteries in northern france.
    No one can tell me who I cant message. If someone wants to leave the group they know where the exit is. It's just friends communicating.

Advertisement