Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV with DVR setup help needed.

Options
  • 22-01-2020 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone,

I'm new to boards.ie, but I lurk the forums since a while. I read many posts about this topic, I apologize in advance for creating a new one, but I never found all the info I was looking for in the other posts (for sure I have missed posts during my research)...

Also I'm almost new to these kind of things, so I want to be sure I'm understanding everything properly.

I have already a monitored alarm system (where the company confirmed I will own the hardware at the end of the contract period and it will keep working as a standalone system, just with the alarm sound if I don't want to extend the contract) on top with a door bell.

I'm planning to add CCTV system to my semi-detached house. As suggested in other posts I want different company to install it and I don't want any monitoring for it (I mean I want to be self-monitored). Just CCTV + DVR + possibility to access the recording/live streaming from an app and the possibility of speaking through the cameras. On top of this I would like to install some security lighting (I read here about Stinel).

Reading through this forum seems the best products are HIKVISION and Stinel.

Questions are:

- are HIKVISION really worth the price? I'm oriented to wired ones. Would you recommend alternatives?

- I need a PSA licensed installer for it, considering I don't know anyone in this sector, which kind of questions should I ask them to try to understand they are good enough in their job? For example I'm not sure how many cameras I need and where to place them, or where to place the DVR. Which are the red flags I should spot to understand the installer is not good enough?

- I would prefer to have them to install both CCTV and Security Lights. Are these jobs usually performed by the same installer?

- Do you think the setup I have in mind is a good one? CCTV + DVR + Security Lights? What would you recommend?

- Do I need to request any special permission to have CCTV ?

- Do installers usually give you some kind of warranty ?

Thanks in advance,
    P.

Advertisement