Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 100 DJ's 2012

Options
  • 30-06-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Who are you voting for? My top 5 is:

1: Dada Life
    2: Tommy Trash
    3: Jakob Liedholm
    4: R3hab
    5: Nicky Romero

Forgot Deadmau5 when doing it! They would be in instead of Nicky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

David Guetta, Tiesto, Deadmaus, Aviiccciiiii and David Guetta again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FlapsOfDoom

1. Tiesto
    2. Sander Van Doorn
    3. Armin Van Buuren
    4. Afrojack
    5. Steve Aoki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

2388502-double_facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

You can't call a Facepalm without putting forward your Top 5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paddymayoman

David Guetta will probarly buy votes like he bought facebook likes.This is prob how it'll work out:
    1.David guetta
    2.paris hilton
    3.rihanna
    4.nicki minaj
    5.Cheryl or Tulisa

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

1. paris hilton

/thread

Hopefully she will win, it'll show what a joke it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hopefully she will win, it'll show what a joke it is

We should get as many people as possible to spam vote for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

About the Paris Hilton thing.... If there was big push to get her voted No.1 and it happened, I'm sure 'industry' and music heads would be laughing but I worry that in her naive little mind she would accept it and make a big gushing speech.
    Double facepalm wouldn't even come close to summing it up.

• Advertisement

Clanket wrote: »
    You can't call a Facepalm without putting forward your Top 5!
    I don't see any point in these stupid polls, who gives a shite about DJs these days? For me it's all about who is producing the best tracks and for me that's between Shifted and Shed with Shed just piping it. I understand that's not the point of the poll but again seriously who really gives a shite about DJs?

I say that as someone who has played a few gigs as a DJ, I understand it takes some skill to beatmatch tracks but thats it, the hard work is in the producing of the tracks.

On what basis are you rating these DJs may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

seth troxler
    jamie jones
    maceo plex
    moodymanc
    art department

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

In order;

1). John Gibbons
    2). Tony De Vit
    3). Tony Blackburn
    4). Jimmy Saville
    5). Leggo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I don't see any point in these stupid polls, who gives a shite about DJs these days? For me it's all about who is producing the best tracks and for me that's between Shifted and Shed with Shed just piping it. I understand that's not the point of the poll but again seriously who really gives a shite about DJs?

I say that as someone who has played a few gigs as a DJ, I understand it takes some skill to beatmatch tracks but thats it, the hard work is in the producing of the tracks.

On what basis are you rating these DJs may I ask?

Dont be talking ****e Sean. You're not in twisted Pepper every weekend to see some nerd programming a track on ableton, you're there to see them DJ. :P

About the Paris Hilton thing.... If there was big push to get her voted No.1 and it happened, I'm sure 'industry' and music heads would be laughing but I worry that in her naive little mind she would accept it and make a big gushing speech.
    Double facepalm wouldn't even come close to summing it up.
    It was embarassing for Guetta when he was announced winner being booed and all, having to accept it off Armin in Armins home country

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Dont be talking ****e Sean. You're not in twisted Pepper every weekend to see some nerd programming a track on ableton, you're there to see them DJ. :P
    I'm going to take that as a joke.

It was embarassing for Guetta when he was announced winner being booed and all, having to accept it off Armin in Armins home country
    Seriously who gives a ****e about either? What has Armin van Bollixchops done for electronic music? I'm talking proper music not just hands in the air reach for the laser type ****e.

Seriously who gives a ****e about either? What has Armin van Bollixchops done for electronic music? I'm talking proper music not just hands in the air reach for the laser type ****e.
    More then you anyway good man

I never claimed to do anything and I certainly don't have a smoke n a pancake sweaty barnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

perhaps, but he IS very sexeh, very toite..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This is going to be the usual thing of one side pointing out that the top name commercial DJs are a nothing more than brand names whose main function in life is to endorse tracks written by other people by slapping their name on them and then pretending to DJ those said tracks by standing behind a mixer while a pre-recorded mix is played out. Some would suggest that this really is a load of balls and to give people like this any support is to rub sh¡t in the faces of people who actually graft at what they are doing, whether it is djing or producing or promoting, because of a love for the music, yadda, yadda.

Meanwhile the opposite side of the argument is that being a fake ass bitch is something to aspire to and that it's begrudgery to suggest otherwise and beside what have you done that makes you able to criticize the Swedish House Melena, etc., etc.

But honestly, if you're giving props to the likes of David Guetta or Armin Whatshisface, you were most likely in the remedial class in school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

And remember, it the arguments get too special olympics just remember to take a deep breath and say:

pun-whatever-floats-your-goat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

This is going to be the usual thing of one side pointing out that the top name commercial DJs are a nothing more than brand names whose main function in life is to endorse tracks written by other people by slapping their name on them and then pretending to DJ those said tracks by standing behind a mixer while a pre-recorded mix is played out. Some would suggest that this really is a load of balls and to give people like this any support is to rub sh¡t in the faces of people who actually graft at what they are doing, whether it is djing or producing or promoting, because of a love for the music, yadda, yadda.

Meanwhile the opposite side of the argument is that being a fake ass bitch is something to aspire to and that it's begrudgery to suggest otherwise and beside what have you done that makes you able to criticize the Swedish House Melena, etc., etc.

But honestly, if you're giving props to the likes of David Guetta or Armin Whatshisface, you were most likely in the remedial class in school.

A perfect summation and closing argument.

Everyone thank Nugget for saving us all a tonne of ****ing time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Turnstyle

David Guetta a number one DJ... further proof of my opinion that the majority of today's youth have very poor taste and are generally a bunch of shallow, sheople, stupid f*ktards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

Turnstyle wrote: »
    David Guetta a number one DJ... further proof of my opinion that the majority of today's youth have very poor taste and are generally a bunch of shallow, sheople, stupid f*ktards

I dunno - it's great to see an underground artist getting some recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

I'm delighted for them. David guetta have been doing a great job under the radar for a long time now. It's great that they can finally get the recognition they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

genuine question here.....

was there ever a year when this poll wasn't just a load of trance/commercial nonsense? If not, chill the beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Real Life wrote: »
    seth troxler
    jamie jones
    maceo plex
    moodymanc
    art department

Excellent choices. Saw Jamie two weeks ago and Maceo back in March/April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

jtsuited wrote: »
    genuine question here.....

was there ever a year when this poll wasn't just a load of trance/commercial nonsense? If not, chill the beans.

You know what, back in the days before internet voting when you had to go and buy the magazine and be enough of a geek to cut out the survey form, fill it in legibly, stick it in an envelope and post the ****ing thing to the DJ mag offices it was actually a reasonably credible poll, as far as these things go.

Nowadays of course whoever has the biggest social media presence - email lists / youtube, twitter, facebook and soundcloud etc etc can basically mobilise a massive army of spastics to fill the survey and that's what has turned it into a self perpetuating torrent of ****e mainstream electro house and trance.

The only reason you'd want to be on the list is for money - being on there is basically a passport to being booked to do 300 gigs a year for four digit sums minimum per gig. Really clueless promoters with 10.000 capacity venues to book for every week love it because it means they don't even have to keep up with what the lowest common denominator is this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭brian_m

ianuss wrote: »
    Turnstyle wrote: »

I dunno - it's great to see an underground artist getting some recognition.

Totally, more power to him for milking the suckers, but number one in his current pop star form... Shows how it's gone.

Pauly D is surely worthy of a top ten spot in this vote

Advertisement