Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does John Mayer have many Irish Fans?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I'm going over to London to see him in a few weeks ...can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Heading over to see him in Cardiff on the 22nd. It'll be my 3rd time seeing him, and hopefully my 4th at Oxegen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Teige

John Mayer is my absolute Idol! I'd love to go see him at Oxegen but couldn't be arsed going for the weekend. Too bad they haven't released what day acts are playing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sara3305

John Mayer is unbelievably talented, it's a crime he's not better known here. I can't understand it considering he has enough fans in the UK to warrant about 10 shows this year. I was lucky enough to get to Manchester in January and London last week, but I really wish he would come here - it gets very expensive paying for flights and accommodation! I know he's playing oxegen, but since he's on early in the day he'll probably only have half an hour or so and it's not a great venue for his kind of music anyway, never mind the price of tickets. Hopefully he'll add a date somewhere else while he's here. He might not have legions of Irish fans but he does have some very devoted ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Flew over to London last week to see him!

I go to nearly all the big concerts here every year ....he's the best I've ever seen! Still in awe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

after he cancelled Oxegen - Does anyone think he might be back here in the not too distant future ?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

s8n wrote: »
    after he cancelled Oxegen - Does anyone think he might be back here in the not too distant future ?
    John Mayer wrote:
    Thank you all so much for making the Battle Studies tour such a huge success and a pleasure. I’m going to miss seeing your faces every night. Thanks for singing along. And for accepting me. You don’t know how good that feels. And thanks for the signs, the clever, funny, awesome signs. And for letting me play both my pop radio hits and a 15 minute long jam while giving it the same level of appreciation. Thanks for buying a ticket when money is tight, for waiting in traffic to both enter and leave the venue, and thank you for telling your dubious friends to come with you and see what this “Mayer” guy is all about. Thank you for being fans and thank you for giving me the awesome life I have.
    Time to (try to) disappear for a while. Love you guys. A lot.

John

Dont think he'll be doing much anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

So pissed off I was only turned on to JM's music during this summer, after the UK shows were sold out/Oxegen (turned out to be academic though).

I literally listen to about an hour per day of his catalogue since then, discovering all his old stuff and live performances etc. My "Where the light is" bluray is the best Bluray/DVD I own. He's an absolute genius (I reserve use of that word for very few people), and actually a very articulate and insightful guy (if not on occasion being a little self-important).

Hope he comes back to Europe some time soon.

p.s. Dont tell my mates I like him.

Yes, yes, yes.

John Mayer is a ****ing musical genius.

I am particularly interested in his relationship to Ireland.

Does anyone out there have any info, photos, videos, memorabilia, stories etc form the Whelans gig he did in 2003?

Also, did he actually play Vicar Street in 2002/3 or was that concert cancelled?

Also, does anyone out there have the official Oxegen 2010 poster with his name on it before he had to cancel his appearance? I will buy it off you if you are selling.

Any other stories on the J Man and his Irish appearances would be great?

Anyone going to him this October? I am, really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm a big fan for 13 years, but does he have enough Irish fans to sell out the 3 arena at €80 odd a ticket? I remember paying £40 or so to see him several times in 2009-2010 when he was much more in the public eye than these days. Strange price!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Walt Grace

€80 seems almost a standard price for tickets in Ireland these days though?
    Seen him live a few times in recent years (all in London) and he puts on a great show so should be well worth the money!
    Think could be surprised at how full the 3 Arena will be - think he is one of those acts with a big enough following despite not getting any radio airplay etc.
    Then again I could be way off and there might be noone there! :)
    Roll on October though!

Advertisement