Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This could make a nice little trial runner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

It would need a bit of a suspension lift and I doubt that theres much (low down) torque from that little old 1.8 but you could be right and it is stupidly cheap! Its a RHD aswell which is strange, I thought that they were all LHD sold in mainly Meditterainian countries, I've never seen one advertised in Ireland before. Where are they from? Who owns Asia? Kia?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As far as I remember "Asia" was Kia before it became Kia ...or something like that.

If I'm not mistaken, that thing has leaf springs all round ...so you could do a lift for 50 cent and a bit of welding.

I've seen this advertised for ages ...it was 6k at first, 4 k for a long while then 1.5k and now 1.5 with warranty ...you really couldn't go far wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

Thats a big hit to take from €6k to €1.5k!! Its in a Toyota main dealer too, how did they end up with that!?! They hardly took it as a trade in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

My guess would be that they've taken it on in the hope that the "original Jeep" look would sell for big bucks....and it didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

It must have been for the British market, since there is rear seatbelts and the speedometer is in miles per hour, not to mention RHD.

Just checked Wikipedia (yes, I know, not the most reliable source, but whatever....):
    UK sales of the Rocsta ran from 1994-1997, which included both 1.8 litre petrol and 2.2 litre diesel models. Both could be purchased with either a hard or soft-top. Both models were distributed by Kia Motors and used Kia copies of standard Mazda engines, with five-speed manual transmission.

• Advertisement
Advertisement