Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creatine

Options
  • 08-09-2013 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Is it any good ??
    Read so many conflicting stories about it
    Does it make you stronger quicker?
    Does is make you grow faster?
    Is the growth just water weight?
    If you stop taking it what happens?
    Does it improve sporting ability ( speed, endurance )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 rossi.

its okay. you wouldnt really notice it helping, id rather put my cash into food and a good preworkout supp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

Read this.

Creatine is dirt cheap, effective, and there's almost no reason anyone shouldn't supplement it. Having said that, the benefits from creatine are far less than those from proper sleep and nutrition and a consistent and sensible training cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

rossi. wrote: »
    its okay. you wouldnt really notice it helping, id rather put my cash into food and a good preworkout supp.

Its not exactly expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

There are also studies that say creatine improves brain function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Anybody here any first hand experience using it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Yes. I'd wager quite a few other regulars on the forum do as well.

Mix it up with whatever's convenient... water, another shake, whatever... and take your X grams a day (depending on what you personally choose to consume).

Some people find it best to consume near/after a meal as it upsets their stomach although in my (completely unscientific) opinion most of the stomach queasiness people experience is psychological rather than physiological.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Same thread is in Health & Fitness here. We don't need two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement