Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Technics 1210 Ground Cable

• 20-09-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

i know i can get the specific ones on ebay but they are abit pricy

What kind of cable do i need to ground my 1210's (i am renewing the rca's so migh aswell do the earth 2)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

any bit of copper wire is grand, preferable in a sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

what about^this i am worried about thickness =]

......that's what she said.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Have a look at the youtube vids on eliminating the ground wires altogether. It basically involves soldering a bit of wire from the usual tone arm earth point (where the original ground wire comes out from) to the ground of the left or right RCA. My understanding is that the only way it might cause a problem is if your mixer doesn't share a common ground with the earth points and the RCA grounds. Easily checked with a multimeter set to continuity test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

milltown wrote: »
    Have a look at the youtube vids on eliminating the ground wires altogether. It basically involves soldering a bit of wire from the usual tone arm earth point (where the original ground wire comes out from) to the ground of the left or right RCA. My understanding is that the only way it might cause a problem is if your mixer doesn't share a common ground with the earth points and the RCA grounds. Easily checked with a multimeter set to continuity test.

i want to keep it original as i am selling them and dont want question or suspisions ;) thanks anyway

so what tickness wire and where can i get it from

• Advertisement
Advertisement