Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can big spiders crawl back out after you've hoovered them up?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    They would adapted to indoor conditions, so would be kinda helpless outside, especially when the competition (the bajillions of insects and spiders living in the elements) would be well-suited to the environment. A happy compromise would be to throw them in a shed

Makes sense. Do you think the same could be said for pet tarantulas? They're from warmer climes so I wouldn't think they'd survive very long outside. My friend's tarantula Clancy escaped a while back, my brother reckons he'd make for freedom, I think he's most likely to be found in the hot press or somewhere like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Try this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Makes sense. Do you think the same could be said for pet tarantulas? They're from warmer climes so I wouldn't think they'd survive very long outside. My friend's tarantula Clancy escaped a while back, my brother reckons he'd make for freedom, I think he's most likely to be found in the hot press or somewhere like that.

If there was a tarantula loose in my house I'd burn it down just to be on the safe side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I read a science article once saying that insects are limited by their primitive "air spiracle" system, that's why they only grow to a certain size.
    They don't have lungs like we do.

So, if evolution had given insects lungs, they could grow to ridiculous sizes :eek:

They would most likely be the dominant species on the planet if they had evolved lungs.

If there was a tarantula loose in my house I'd burn it down just to be on the safe side

It's freaking everyone who lives there and anyone who calls over out. They're imagining waking up with Clancy on their faces, or with him trying to crawl into their mouths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

It's freaking everyone who lives there and anyone who calls over out. They're imagining waking up with Clancy on their faces, or with him trying to crawl into their mouths.

I'm hoping Clancy is the spiders name....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Cue Home Alone and poor old Merve. He has got the most spectacular screams in movie history. But yeah, I would burn down the house too, no question.

I'm hoping Clancy is the spiders name....

;D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

I would DEFINITELY move out if I was them!

I don't know why spiders are so scary but damn they are. After seeing arachnaphopia as a child I STILL check in my slippers for spiders before putting them on. Slightly suspicious of popcorn too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Spiders are great. Whenever I see one, I give it a name. I've only seen one in my current apartment, his name is Dave. He lives on the ceiling next to a large window in my living room. The only problem is that my cat, Potus, sometimes tries to climb the curtains to play with Dave. Thankfully she hasn't gotten up to him yet and they can both live in peaceful coexistence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

It's as easy to put them out the back door or whatever. If you've no particular tool to do it, pop a small flower pot or a cup or something over it, then slide a sheet of paper slowly under it. Turn the whole lot around and the spider is now safely in the container. Fire him out the door...
    I've tried this...but I hate them so much that the cups tend to get fired into the garden aswell...:(

Can someone buy me some new cups..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Bendihorse wrote: »
    I honestly blame my irrational fear of spiders on the film 'Arachnophobia'. That scarred me as a kid.

Thats the word.

Sums this whole spider hating situation up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

http://www.topnews.in/files/tarantula996.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hate those bastards. Really fast movers too!

I was in bed when one went right by my face, jumped up and knocked him onto my bed sheet. Went to get a book and when I turned back he was gone.... Needless to say, I didnt sleep in my room for two days untill I found him and killed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Have you ever seen a spider baby? They keep it in a cot i hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I've had spiders get out of the bag and make long distance phone calls to get even

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I've heard spiders which have been hoovered up like to crawl into your bum hole and lay eggs.

Just what I heard....

Advertisement