Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20mile routes in Dublin

Options
  • 28-09-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey
    Anyone got a nice 20mile DCM training route in Dublin?

Sara83

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

It's a bit too open a question, as it depends on what area you want to run in. I like to run along the coast, Shankill - DunLaoghaire and back via Stepaside, or up around the hills of Enniskerry.

Try Mapmyrun.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jaysond

Two outer laps of the phoenix park and two laps of the central median (from wellington monument to castleknock gate). www.Mapmyrum.com (as mentioned by previous poster) is great for calculating distances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Clontarf --> Howth --> keep going till you get to 10 miles --> turn around and go back -- lovely views and loads of runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I recommend the Phoenix park, such a lovely park but good hills there too, so you get stronger

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Iron Enthusiast

I agree the Phoenix park is one of the best places to run in the city.

But if your training for the Dublin Marathon, you should probably use your 20 miler to take in some of the Marathon route you will be running.
    So long as your legs are up for running on tarmac/concrert i.e no bad injuries - that would be the wisest way to invest your time IMO. (You'll appreciate it on race day)

Type "Dublin Marathon Route" into mapmyrun.com and you'll get a good route map.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Clontarf --> Howth --> keep going till you get to 10 miles --> turn around and go back -- lovely views and loads of runners.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

jaysond wrote: »
    Two outer laps of the phoenix park and two laps of the central median (from wellington monument to castleknock gate). www.Mapmyrun.com (as mentioned by previous poster) is great for calculating distances.

Sorry, hope you don't mind I fixed your typo on the link :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jaysond

No problem, my mind must have been thinking of things after the run!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

jaysond wrote: »
    Two outer laps of the phoenix park and two laps of the central median (from wellington monument to castleknock gate). www.Mapmyrum.com (as mentioned by previous poster) is great for calculating distances.

would that be 20 miles? I've calculated the outer lap as 11.6km so I suppose it wouldn't be far off

Advertisement