Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Marathon - Hotels

• 10-09-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Planning on doing my first marathon this year - Dublin in October.

What hotels close to the start would be recommended?
    i.e. handy within walking distance - and not too expensive

I see on the FAQs on the website http://dublinmarathon.ie/general_faq.php
    that you have to collect the race numbers / race pack has to be collected Saturday or Sunday.

The morning of the race - what do experienced marathon runners do?
    i.e. what works - get to the start very early? just in time? whats the atmosphere like? etc, etc, - what works for people?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Can't go far wrong with D4 hotels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

I booked into the O Callaghan Davenport just to be REALLY close to the finish line! The memory of getting home after Firenze, after damaging my cruciate 15 miles in, still haunts me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Number 31: This place is small, value for money and perfectly located. Used to work just around the corner, we'd send all the guys visiting us in here, all really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

Stayed in D4 last year after Dubin, was very handy to walk to and from and the walk back actually helps your legs aas your not standing getting stiff, they will also let you leave the car there at a cheap rate once your a resident, and the pints in the bar are mighty tasty aldough i could have drank a pint out of my runner after it and im sure it would have tasted great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pudgey22

Hi all,
    I'm using a supervalu getaway break card, i didn't think they'd work for a bank holiday but all booked in for 3 nights B&B + 1 meal, sorted! Definately recommended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

which hotel does the supervalue deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I'm booked into Jury's Christchurch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pudgey22

There's plenty of them, go to their website and stick in the dates and highlight Dublin City, the Jurys and more are doing it, i'm into Parnell St for the 3 nights, got the tuesday off work so can hang around for an extra day before heading back to Galway,well happy with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just saw on the Bargains forum that Bewleys is doing a €50/room/night deal for the next few months. You could actually stay in Bewleys in Leopardstown, and get the LUAS in and out the day of the marathon. Probably handier than Bewleys in Christchurch (less painful walking!)

Also worth bearing in mind, Dublin Bus doesn't operate early enough on a bank holiday (Sunday time-table) to get you to the race on time, but both the LUAS an the DARt are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Nialloooo

HI Alll Was just about to book the D4 again for this year but i was just woundering does anyone know a hotel that might suit that has a swimming pool?? might try use it the moring after to losin up the sore legs ..thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement