Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nally's SuperValu Trim 10 Mile Road Race - 2nd Feb, 2020

Options
  • 29-10-2019 2:31pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's that time of year again! The 2020 Nally's SuperValu Trim 10 Mile will take place on Sunday the 2nd of Feb in Trim, County Meath, starting at 12 noon. This is an AAI permitted road race.

Course will be the same as previous years, taking in quiet roads starting and finishing in Oaktree Business Park, Trim with water stations at approx. 4 and 7 miles.

We will have pacers as per normal - times TBC but probably as per previous years - 70, 80, 90 and 100 minutes.

The entry fee includes chip timing and a long sleeved technical t-shirt for everyone entered before Dec 31st. Note that the race sold out quickly last year and we expect similar demand this year.

Location of post-race refreshments and prize giving TBC.

We look forward to welcoming you to Trim on February 2nd.

Online entry is open HERE.

Course description

Will aim to post up-to-date information on this thread, but you can also follow us on Facebook here.

@trim10mile

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

90% full today, register asap if you want to be in!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sold out, I know a few people who missed out. They allow number transfers so hopefully they all get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Really looking forward to this. First time doing it & heard all good things. I normally just do 8 mile & 10k so a bit of a step up for me. Two months to get the extra miles into the legs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058042968/1/#post112238289

Could a kind Mod merge both threads please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Pretty quiet tread, anyone else doing this ?

Ran it last year and found it tough enough, with the very low temps and the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Pretty quiet tread, anyone else doing this ?

Ran it last year and found it tough enough, with the very low temps and the wind.

Last year was the only one I haven't done, looking forward to Sunday, a fair course but if its windy by jaysus when you turn left at Dunderry around half way you know itðŸ˜.

It’s as honest a 10 mile route you will find, not flat but not hilly. Once the drag out of Dunderry is negotiated foot down to the finish if you have it. Sick I’m missing it once more. H’on Trim AC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

Any advice on car parking.How about getting from the OPW carpark (recommended for those arriving from Dublin road in info pack) to start line?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

patob wrote: »
    Any advice on car parking.How about getting from the OPW carpark (recommended for those arriving from Dublin road in info pack) to start line?

OPW car park is about a 1 ml ole jog to the start so give yourself plenty of time to park up and get there. The earlier you arrive the closer you can park, with 1800 entries this year I'd say parking could be problematic for the stragglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

Great race, great pacers, great cakes, great route (bar the last right turn!)...a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Enjoyed it. Ran it steady with 80 min pacers for much of the route. They were on their game, plenty of chat and encouragement - seemed to bring in a big bunch. A classic road route, I thought - reminded me a lot of Longwood. A pity the start/finish area is in an industrial park - Trim Castle would make a terrific backdrop (if impractical). But overall, enjoyed the rolling hills. Was glad not to be racing with the wind out there, but a few runners from the club posted excellent times. Hope to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭patob

Nice bright and breezy conditions, even got the shades on, great to get in ahead of the showers. Great support on the way round. Some great times from our crew, and happy with a PB myself. Will definitely return.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Enjoyed it. Ran it steady with 80 min pacers for much of the route. They were on their game, plenty of chat and encouragement - seemed to bring in a big bunch. A classic road route, I thought - reminded me a lot of Longwood. A pity the start/finish area is in an industrial park - Trim Castle would make a terrific backdrop (if impractical). But overall, enjoyed the rolling hills. Was glad not to be racing with the wind out there, but a few runners from the club posted excellent times. Hope to be back!

Logistical reasons can’t let the finish happen where you say, it was explored, and would be a fantastic place to end a race but not at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

First time running this and I will definitely be back. One of the best organised races I have ever done. Excellent marshalls, pacers on the money, parking so easy in OPW and great goodie bag - first time I've ever got a box of tea in a goodie bag!!

Advertisement