Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wednesday 18th September

• 18-09-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I'll be backing a few today, be surprised if I don't make a decent few quid.

2.00 Beverley, Calippo, around 11/8, a definite lay bet for me, can't see it winning. It's my best bet of the day.

Good luck to anyone betting, some nice racing today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Last bet for an hour or so, 2.10 Yarmouth, Maqtal, around 6/4 - 13/8'ish. Just finished backing it to win. Crowley has been very ropey of late, saw him 'nearly' get beat on a couple of good things. If he keeps it simple this will bolt in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Both Joseph O'Brien's runners in the 2.45 at Yarmouth look overpriced. Boyle Sports are paying 4 places, I got 33's and 40's about Cnoc on Oir and Snapraeceps, nice prices and the favourite will take all the beating, but the season is turning and fillies can improve by half stone very quickly coming out of the summer, they can also regress very quickly also... so do not get carried away please, but the prices look wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭BigStickMick

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Both Joseph O'Brien's runners in the 2.45 at Yarmouth look overpriced. Boyle Sports are paying 4 places, I got 33's and 40's about Cnoc on Oir and Snapraeceps, nice prices and the favourite will take all the beating, but the season is turning and fillies can improve by half stone very quickly coming out of the summer, they can also regress very quickly also... so do not get carried away please, but the prices look wrong.
    Tauteke each way with one of firms doing 4 places is a very very very very good bet in that

I looked at the above 2.45 hard last night, and one I put as not hope is your's Mickthestick. That Tauteke will be finishing closer to last than first, you can be sure of that. Some decent things in that race. I'm not betting in it, just one to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    Last bet for an hour or so, 2.10 Yarmouth, Maqtal, around 6/4 - 13/8'ish. Just finished backing it to win. Crowley has been very ropey of late, saw him 'nearly' get beat on a couple of good things. If he keeps it simple this will bolt in.

For the record Jim Crowley has won 8 of his last 12 rides in the UK.

https://www.irishracing.com/jockey?prt=10011

• Advertisement

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    I looked at the above 2.45 hard last night, and one I put as not hope is your's Mickthestick. That Tauteke will be finishing closer to last than first, you can be sure of that. Some decent things in that race. I'm not betting in it, just one to watch.
    So I can choose between taking 14/5 (3.8) to be placed in first 4 when it is 2.8 or so to be in first 4 on exchange OR I can take the word of THE GOAT.

Tough one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Blinkers_off

naqawaa for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

So I can choose between taking 14/5 (3.8) to be placed in first 4 when it is 2.8 or so to be in first 4 on exchange OR I can take the word of THE GOAT.

Tough one.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE :pac:

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE :pac:
    Got suckered in. Rookie mistake.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    For the record Jim Crowley has won 8 of his last 12 rides in the UK.

https://www.irishracing.com/jockey?prt=10011

He's a great jockey but I've seen and backed horses recently that he nearly caused to loose.

I can't log into sportinglife for some reason but I backed a horse last week ridden by crowley and the horse was crusing, he looked one side and didn't expect a horse on his inside, the other horse actually led and I thought my bet was down, but to his credit he got the horse back up crowley.

Watch it if you get a chance https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2019-09-12/doncaster/540236/dfs-handicap

• Advertisement

Last bet for awhile.

In the 3.05 Beverley, Flylikeaneagle is very short @ around 2/5'ish. But I'm willing to back the short odds. Nothing in the race that can match the form, or come near it for that matter.

I'll have 1 or 2 more bets.

6pm Naas, Eden Quay, around 9/4. This is a very weak race and I think it will win. Backed to win

last bet of the night 6.15 Kelso, One Night In Milan, around even money. To me it's a cert, backed it to win.... I'm out

Think Notawordofalie in the bumper at Kelso has drifted to a very big price now, you would wanna be cautious with Jonjo drifters but reckon this one is drifting more due to weight of money behind Elle Est Grande. Was well backed before the race before being placed at Worcester and going to have fitness edge over most of the opposition. Cast In Grey would need to improve for new yard compared to form of run in bumper for Declan Queally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ll have a tiny wager on Whoa Black Betty for interest 33/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

How TF mods are not looking into this guy's account(s) I do not know.

He's like a mixture of Russian bot/Bookie troll.

Personally, I couldn't give a fcuk cos I bet about once a year now but this is scandalous crap.

"Best of luck if you're betting today"

One more bet for me on the usa. Belmont, 11.08, Irish danzing around 15/8 backing to win. Danger fierce lady but Irish danzing should get the job done.

I typed it the wrong way round first.

Advertisement