Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Omega Speedmaster

Options
  • 03-09-2019 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

Any tips on where best to sell a Speedmaster? I'm assuming the market here is small to non existent so contacted a UK shop who made an offer, the only issue is shipping it safely, any tips on how to do that without the watch going AWOL?

Reference:35133000
    Brand: Omega
    Year: 2008
    Collections: Speedmaster
    Case Size: 39mm
    Movement: Automatic
    Case Material: Stainless Steel
    Glass Type: Sapphire Glass
    Dial Colour: Silver
    Strap Type: Steel
    Clasp Type: Fold Over
    Water Resistance: 100m
    Features: Chronograph, Date, Sub Dials
    Box and papers included

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭893bet

It’s not an indemand model sadly. Try adverts and the for sale thread on here.

What’s your valuation?

To give context I sold the same watch except it had a recent omega service for around 1200 18 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Been offered between €1000 and €1200 in the UK, just have not found a way to ship it there with adequate insurance.

i think in the current market 1200 is a bargain. 1400 wouldn’t be overpriced.

Have you tried adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I believe DHL will carry watches now up to a value of €5000. See P13 here:

https://www.dhl.ie/content/dam/downloads/ie/express/shipping/rate_guides/express_service_rate_guide_ie_en.pdf

Carriage won't be cheap (probably between €100 and €150), but it's better than nothing I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Darwin wrote: »
    I believe DHL will carry watches now up to a value of €5000. See P13 here:

https://www.dhl.ie/content/dam/downloads/ie/express/shipping/rate_guides/express_service_rate_guide_ie_en.pdf

Carriage won't be cheap (probably between €100 and €150), but it's better than nothing I suppose.

Expensive but, at least it’s a secure option

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Return flights to London are €50 at the moment, can always make a day of it

Is that where you've been for the last few weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Return flights to London are €50 at the moment, can always make a day of it

Welcome back! I'm not gonna lie...
    I missed ya and I hardly fecking know ya :P

banie01 wrote: »
    Welcome back! I'm not gonna lie...
    I missed ya and I hardly fecking know ya :P

https://youtube/Hzx8KHjQD6c

Why the **** can’t I embed videos???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OP, it will cost less than 20 quid (fully insured) via Royal Mail if it's not too much of a pain to go north of the wall.
    893bet wrote: »
    Why the **** can’t I embed videos???

You don't put the full URL in the tags, just the last part:
    [noparse][/noparse]

Thanks folks, some great suggestions. Will try adverts and if that fails shipping from the North or a day trip are good options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eoin wrote: »
    OP, it will cost less than 20 quid (fully insured) via Royal Mail if it's not too much of a pain to go north of

Do you go to Newry?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Ad just posted. Any suggestion re advert?

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-speedmaster/18754869

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Nice watch, unfortunately not going to sell quickly. There are two 39mm reduced "moonwatch" speedmasters on at the moment around the 1500 euro mark. Neither selling quick. I would either accept a quick grand or take the offer from the UK. Just stick it in the post and register it. Get it done before brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Been offered between €1000 and €1200 in the UK, just have not found a way to ship it there with adequate insurance.

I shipped a steel and gold Omega Constellation to the UK in July using DHL Express and insured it with them. The insurance fee was 1% of the value of the watch which I felt was fair.

IIRC it was delivered within 24 hours.

I drove to their depot and dropped the watch off. Just in case you do decide to go down this route, make sure you have your own protective packaging as they do not provide any.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,880 ✭✭✭✭unkel

funkyouup wrote: »
    Is that where you've been for the last few weeks:D

Been in London for the last month? That's a bit of a euphemism for where he was :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭banie01

unkel wrote: »
    Been in London for the last month? That's a bit of a euphemism for where he was :p

Surely the euphimism is Coventry?
    Thats where I thought he was sent?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

All I will say is some moderators are cool and some let the power go to their heads

Ya dont need to tell me that, im currently banned from the farming forum :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Do you go to Newry?

I actually just used Belfast as by chance I was there with work - I'd imagine Newry is the easiest from the M1 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I recently sent a watch of similar value by registered post to Southern UK with no issues whatsoever.
    I know there is always a risk and the insurance will not go beyond €300, but the vast majority of times, you've now problems.

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I recently sent a watch of similar value by registered post to Southern UK with no issues whatsoever.
    I know there is always a risk and the insurance will not go beyond €300, but the vast majority of times, you've now problems.

I had something expensive once go AWOL with an international courier company, never again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Is yours a moonwatch? Can you send me some details / pics. It could be just the watch I’m looking for.

Is yours a moonwatch? Can you send me some details / pics. It could be just the watch I’m looking for.

Not sure if your question is directed to me but here is the link.

http://www.adverts.ie/18754869

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think the silver dial means much lower value on those unfortunately - black dial would have been snapped up at that price immediately after you posted the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Not sure if your question is directed to me but here is the link.

http://www.adverts.ie/18754869

Yes it was thanks. I’ll take a look now :)

Advertisement