Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1-2019 Mid Term Review

• 14-08-2019 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So what is everyones opinion on the first half of the season so far?

For me I thought it started off with a very dull race in Australia, can;t remember the next few Canada was ok but it really should have been Vettel getting the win there and the then from Austria on we got 3 great races. So not to bad but its just a pity that Ferrari have once again messed up. It is nice to see Mclaren making progress do and Red Bull-Honda has certainly surpassed all our expectations and its great to see them winning races instead of just Mercedes all the time. Disappointed in Renault but am hoping they will improve over the next couple of years. Want to see Ricardo back at the front winning again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Bottas started well but failed to kick on after Baku. Nonetheless, hes no worse than Ocon. Vettel has proven, like he has multiple times through his career, that he doesnt have the clutch gene. Gasly was a huge disappointment in the Red Bull and deserves the demotion. Verstappen and Hamilton continue to show they are the best drivers on the grid and Hamilton cements his position as one of the greatest ever.
    Toto Wolff is one of the best managers in sport, never mind F1. Giovinazzi, Kubica, Magnusson, Grosjean - mediocre drivers who should be let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Ive been pleasantly impressed by all the rookies except giovinazzi. Particularly Norris, he definately looks like he has a long f1 career in front of him, Albon and Russell also look like they will mature into good racers. Kimi has been solid as a rock and is single handedly dragging Alfa up the constructors table. Great to see McLaren improving back towards the front, although it must be tough on them to see Honda winning races without them. Hamilton is driving better than ever but then again he should be because that Mercedes is head and shoulders above all the opposition.
    Ferrari still Haven’t lost the art of shooting themselves in the feet both team and drivers equally, but i think they will get 1-2 wins in second half of the year.
    I think grosjean will do well to stay in f1 next year.
    I have never rated bottas as world champion material and this year has confirmed that. He has improved in qualifying but he’s not a driver that can go out and fight for a win consistently over a season. Might get the odd win here and there but he is doing a good job for Mercedes, he doesn’t rock the boat with Hamilton neither so I expect him to stay at Merc so long as Lewis is there.
    Renault have been ****. Hard to see them improving much this year or next.
    Racing Point are probably my least favorite team now mainly due to the unlovable drivers. Would like to see Williams draw them in however unlikely that may be.

Advertisement