Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Locking wheel nut,

Options
  • 19-09-2019 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭

Very quick question , Is it the norm to have just one wheel with a locking wheel nut ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Very quick question , Is it the norm to have just one wheel with a locking wheel nut ?

No. Usually one locking nut/stud per wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

No. Usually one locking nut/stud per wheel.

Ahh I just realised Im being an ejit,

Its just one of the nut caps is missing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ha ha! Not as bad as a manager I had who rang a breakdown service because the wheel brace was too small for the nuts, yep you're guessed it, it was a plastic wheel trim with those fake chrome nuts,...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Ha ha! Not as bad as a manager I had who rang a breakdown service because the wheel brace was too small for the nuts, yep you're guessed it, it was a plastic wheel trim with those fake chrome nuts,...

To be fair to me I'm just looking at a picture my younger bother sent me,
    But you can see how people would think there the real nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

To be fair to me I'm just looking at a picture my younger bother sent me,
    But you can see how people would think there the real nuts

Yeah sure of course, ohhhh yeah definitely, totes agree, no shame there

AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHA AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHA
    :D sorry couldn't resist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

CoBo55 wrote: »

I get called out quite a lot to people who 'can't get the wheel off'. And this is the reason.
    I suppose it's an easy mistake for some people...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

My Skoda had plastic nut covers on them all, first time I changed a puncture was a struggle to get them off, so when I went in to get the puncture fixed I had the lads take them all off and threw them in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Spook_ie wrote: »
    My Skoda had plastic nut covers on them all, first time I changed a puncture was a struggle to get them off, so when I went in to get the puncture fixed I had the lads take them all off and threw them in the bin.

There's a little metal clip in the spare wheel holder for taking them off!! My old manager is on boards...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

My OH went to get a slow puncture fixed recently. She left the car in and went to get a coffee in a nearby place. When she came back half an hour later, they told her they couldn't find the security socket so had done nothing... She was told the only option was to go to a main dealer to get them removed and buy a new set.

In fairness, I agreed, there was no other option so off she went, only to get a call an hour later saying there were no security nuts on the car..

The feckers never even pulled the plastic covers off to look.

I didn't either so hands up there. Could happen to a bishop as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I must admit I never knew plastic wheel nut covers were even a thing until now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Steve wrote: »
    My OH went to get a slow puncture fixed recently. She left the car in and went to get a coffee in a nearby place. When she came back half an hour later, they told her they couldn't find the security socket so had done nothing... She was told the only option was to go to a main dealer to get them removed and buy a new set.

In fairness, I agreed, there was no other option so off she went, only to get a call an hour later saying there were no security nuts on the car..

The feckers never even pulled the plastic covers off to look.

I didn't either so hands up there. Could happen to a bishop as they say.

Does she drive a VW beetle by any chance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

jimbis wrote: »
    Does she drive a VW beetle by any chance?

Yup. And many thanks for sorting her out with that! :D

Shameless plug for jimbis, great guy, great service..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

And, as said beetle driver, can I say jimbis was a total gentleman when I 'asked' was there any chance he had misplaced said key on a previous job.

Total gent, has sorted me out twice now!

Advertisement