Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest tyres website?

• 17-09-2019 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi guys looking to buy 4 tyres for my 4x4 (235/60/16)

What would be the best website to order off of ?

Local shop was looking at around €120 a tyre which seems kind of steep to me

Tia

Pudz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Depends on what they were selling you. For a branded tyre like Pirelli Michelin etc it’s about right. If it’s Nankangs or whatever it’s expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 OPollo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Looking at using Kwik Fit in Newry who seem to have decent prices. Anyone have any experience with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I got Continentals fitted to my Tiguan for €120 a corner in Advance Pitstop.

How much is it going to cost you to have them fitted and balanced ??

The price on their website seems to be all inclusive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

_Brian wrote:
    I got Continentals fitted to my Tiguan for €120 a corner in Advance Pitstop.

And tracked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I was recently shopping for tyres and eBay sellers in the UK were easily the cheapest with delivery to a UK parcel wizard address and then on-shipping by them.

Doodah7 wrote:
    The price on their website seems to be all inclusive?

Advanced?

Advanced?

No, Kwik Fit’s online prices seem to include fitting and balancing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

And tracked?

No, just balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thanks for the suggestions lads , afaik they weren't top of the range I think maxii or something like that was the make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maxxis I would say.

Obviously there’s loads of different models of Maxxis tyre out there, but in that size you can get them for €93 on Oponeo. Add a generous €60 for fitting and balancing the 4 tyres and you’re only €48 over.
    I’d sooner spend that €48 on getting something better though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

I use www.oponeo.ie

_Brian wrote:
    No, just balanced.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The postage for suv tyres from camskill is dearer than normal tyres so thats something that needs to be factored in when pricing off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

Tyreleader.
    Just this week I bought 4 winter tyres (Conti TS860) for the wife’s car from them. I priced them on the usual websites and they were the cheapest with a discount code by €12/tyre. I also got a price locally and a price on just fitting, balancing and disposing of the old tyres if I supplied the tyres too.
    It worked out cheaper to buy online and get them fitted afterwards, even taking into account a €25 per corner fee for fitting, balancing and disposal of old tyres. Just waiting on them to turn up now but I’ve saved €65 over buying locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thanks for all the replys everybody, could anyone suggest a daily 4x4 tyre for a Santa fe ? I havnt a clue about winter or summer tyres or what ones are even on it at the moment:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replys everybody, could anyone suggest a daily 4x4 tyre for a Santa fe ? I havnt a clue about winter or summer tyres or what ones are even on it at the moment:)

Is your Santa Fe 4wd?? The size you suggest is common enough to many vans. Unless you're towing trailers or off roading I wouldn't be too arsed about 4x4 tires as you'll suffer in comfort. Firestone roadhawks are what are on my Oh fathers santa and they're grand. 100e a corner fitted he paid.

Going down the road of 4x4 tires you need to spend decent money to get your worth (800e for tires on my own here)

A jeep has a split box and 4wd.. a jacked up car doesn't. Dont be fooled by what they try sell you.

'Hdz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hi guys looking to buy 4 tyres for my 4x4 (235/60/16)

What would be the best website to order off of ?

Local shop was looking at around €120 a tyre which seems kind of steep to me

Tia

Pudz

Tyrecomp.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Hebegeebee wrote: »
    Tyreleader.
    Just this week I bought 4 winter tyres (Conti TS860) for the wife’s car from them. I priced them on the usual websites and they were the cheapest with a discount code by €12/tyre. I also got a price locally and a price on just fitting, balancing and disposing of the old tyres if I supplied the tyres too.
    It worked out cheaper to buy online and get them fitted afterwards, even taking into account a €25 per corner fee for fitting, balancing and disposal of old tyres. Just waiting on them to turn up now but I’ve saved €65 over buying locally.

You could probably do better than 25 a corner fitted, bit on the high side 15 be the norm. Mind sharing the discount code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

cyborg wrote: »
    You could probably do better than 25 a corner fitted, bit on the high side 15 be the norm. Mind sharing the discount code?

Yeah, €25 a corner is steep but they are careful with the alloys and haven’t scratched any so far in the couple of times I’ve used them. You can’t say that with a lot of places.
    All tyreleader discount codes are here:
    https://www.tyreleader.ie/promo-codes - sometimes you’ll find something applicable and get a saving, sometimes you might have to wait. :cool:

Advertisement