Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September photo competition 'Autumnal Abundance'

Options
  • 09-09-2019 8:54am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to _Brian our August winner. This month our competition is loosely based on 'Autumnal Abundance'.

There's been a few people complaining about big photos, if you are on a laptop perhaps you have the zoom setting bigger than 100%. Try and re-size them to a medium format on a photo site like flickr etc.

There is a star shape on the top right of the screen where you type a web address, if you have the magnifying glass icon with a + sign in it, left click on it and select 'reset to default'. This should reduce the photos so that they can be seen on the screen. To increase the font size again hold the CTRL key down and press the '+' key. It's a useful feature to zoom in on photos/DD ads etc.

Usual Terms and Conditions apply.

Guidelines-
    Photo must be your own image i.e. taken by you or a family member.
    Photo should conform to this month's theme.
    You may enter more than once (within reason though, not 100 photos please!)
    No chat/banter on this thread please, it will be removed. If you want to discuss what's in the photo take it to chit chat or send a PM to the person who posted it.
    Even if the theme isn't strictly farming related, we would like to see the photos to have some tie to farming.
    No naughty pictures please.
    Final winners will be the photo with the most 'thanks' from a single photo which can be entered any month.
    So there are lots of chances guys!

January winner Base price.
    February winner emaherx.
    March winner moll3
    April winner Trigger Happy
    May winner Lady Haywire
    June winner MasFer
    July winner emaherx
    August winner _Brian https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058003025

490205.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭The Real Elmer Fudd

An Early September Morning

NcUreYyh.jpg

VbEAEz1h.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Food for the birds ...

3b28f5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Abundance for us, first attempt at pumpkins. Think big max and the white ones are from seeds I harvested from a white pumpkin last year. The little one is my uncles who is an expert gardener. :)

491295.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

491362.jpg
    491363.jpg
    Gozunda beat me to it, our own Whitethorn Bush with plenty of berries.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

491364.jpg

Not alone did Gozunda and Patsy beat me to it, but the cows and calves beat me to it as well. If prices go any lower, we might be dining out on them also.

Love Haws.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭148multi

491805.jpg

Squirrel menu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

491858.jpg

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Congrats to The real Elmer Fudd our September winner, thread closed and new one coming up shortly.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement