Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip and Dust Extraction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

Have a look back at my comment #24 Bamayang. The first of my setups, that I use for my table saw (dust) and planer/thicknesser (shavings/chips/dust) is a Record Power CGV-286-4 pulling through an Oneida Dust Deputy cyclone separator. It's a similarly powered machine to the DX4000 and is adequate for these two machines in my workshop but only now that the cyclone separator is part of the system. Prior to putting in the cyclone separator the planer would regularly clog up as recipio has described and adding the separator has _almost_ eliminated that (I think that the remaining occasional clogs are down to bad design of the extraction hood on the planer/thicknesser rather than any issue with the combination of the separator and extractor).

I suspect that if you have ducting of sufficient length to reach tools all around a workshop, that the drop in suction will end up giving you inadequate extraction at the further away machines due to the relative low power of the DX4000.

Lastly, remember that the capacity of the integrated machines like the CGV-286 and DX4000 is misleading because they don't highlight that it includes the space occupied by the motors and filters that are also inside the drum! When I first got the CGV-286 I realised very quickly that I could empty its little 36L barrel many times when doing the lightest of planing/thicknessing processes because a significant portion of it is occupied by the two huge feckin' motors!

Advertisement