Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytona shoutout

Options
  • 04-09-2019 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All,

I had a brainfart in my garden and dropped my gs as i was pulling away. Hit the ground on my right side fracturing my arm and my ankle. So now i have a right arm sling and a medical boot on my right foot. Crutch in the left hand has me unbalanced as f*%k :)

But considering 150+kg landed on my leg and all i have is a fracture and lots of bruising biggup daytona boots

My rst ventilators did a solid job of protecting shoulder elbow etc My arm fracture was in an area without padding :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Sorry to hear that dec 82. Always amazese that a slow speed fall can be much worse on the body than going down the road at speed. Hope the GS is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus thats nasty....speedy recovery m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dec_82

dec_82 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I had a brainfart in my garden and dropped my gs as i was pulling away. Hit the ground on my right side fracturing my arm and my ankle. So now i have a right arm sling and a medical boot on my right foot. Crutch in the left hand has me unbalanced as f*%k :)

But considering 150+kg landed on my leg and all i have is a fracture and lots of bruising biggup daytona boots

My rst ventilators did a solid job of protecting shoulder elbow etc My arm fracture was in an area without padding :)

I spoke too soon. Saw a consultant today. Its not a fracture its a break. Operation time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Ah very unlucky. Get well soon buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dec_82 wrote: »
    I spoke too soon. Saw a consultant today. Its not a fracture its a break. Operation time

One thing I was thought in early responders.

A fracture is a break a break is a fracture.

There is degrees of healing that seperate the response. But they are both breaks.

Get well soon. Hope the bike also has minimal damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Been wearing Daytona Traveler boots for years. I remember reading Tony Toners detailed report to the department of justice comparing them to others and after that I never went back. I've also had two pairs re furbished by Daytona in Germany for 120 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dec_82

listermint wrote: »
    One thing I was thought in early responders.

A fracture is a break a break is a fracture.

There is degrees of healing that seperate the response. But they are both breaks.

Get well soon. Hope the bike also has minimal damage.

Yeah initially they thought it was same as the arm, a little crack. But it was a full seperation. im a bionic man now with screws and a plate in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Tbh most of the time a break is alot better then a fracture (as long as its clean, its heals better) fractures can be very complicated.

Advertisement