Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEG T59840 Tumble Dryer

Options
  • 21-07-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

I have a T59840 Tumble Dryer which won't switch on. The display doesn't light up and I can't even get it into diagnostic mode (by holding down Timer and Start and turning the dial).

I have checked the fuse and the mains supply and both are fine.

I notice that there is water in the bottom under the small water filter right in front of the condenser.
    Anybody got any ideas? Blown PCB? Water pump broken?

Any suggestions appreciated.

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

OK....I removed the pcb from the machine...resistor 76, a 3 watt wirewound 47 ohm is open circuit and the link switch LNK304GN is probably the cause so I'm going to replace both and see if that sorts it. Apparently the LNK304 is fairly susceptible to failure so I'm going to see if spending a tenner replacing a couple of components will save me from replacing the entire board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

I replaced the two components, stuck it all back together and it works fine....so take heed if you have this or a similar tumble dryer...

Advertisement